Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska announces move to Terminal 6 at LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska announces move to Terminal 6 at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:52 am

The official move in date is March 20. For employees there is a grand opening cocktail party March 16. All Alaska and Horizon departures will be in Terminal 6 starting March 20. So excited!!

Happy Flying!
Lisa
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Supposedly AA wants to reopen it. Obviously they need to move the junk out of it first. And get the TSA to sign off, since if a "security issue" occurs in T4, they'd have to dump T5 and T6 and that'd be a real pain.
Probably even T7 and T8 too, being that they are also connected airside (plus I heard something about an airside connection between Bradley and T4 being built, no idea if it's actually happening or not).

I know it could be partially mitigated (maybe) by the big security doors they have in the tunnels (if they caught the security issue fast enough).
Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by laxskygal
The official move in date is March 20. For employees there is a grand opening cocktail party March 16. All Alaska and Horizon departures will be in Terminal 6 starting March 20. So excited!!

Happy Flying!
Lisa

Can't wait to see it- next time thru LAX not until May sadly- hope the 'new airport' smell doesn't wear off by then.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver

Happy Flying!
Lisa
Is that confirmed?

I'm flying SEA-(AS)-LAX-(VA)-SYD on 24 March. I'm looking at the AS flight arriving at 19:27 for my 21:25 departure to SYD. That's no problem if both are still in T3, but a little touchier if I have to get from T6 to T3 (though probably still OK).

Update: FWIW, I just called Alaska, and the (very helpful) rep said she didn't think there was a firm date. Her computer confirmed that. She also went and talked to a supervisor, who also said there isn't a firm date. Selfishly, here's hoping they put it off until 25 March.

Last edited by ashill; Mar 1, 2012 at 3:44 pm
Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by meballard
(plus I heard something about an airside connection between Bradley and T4 being built, no idea if it's actually happening or not).
That is. From the airport: http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LA...e_New_TBIT.pdf
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP GOLD 75K
concessions

has there been any word on what the concessions will be in the new terminal? i've had the misfortune of landing there a few times in the past few months, and haven't helped but notice the food options and horrible at present time.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:22 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by ericb4prez
has there been any word on what the concessions will be in the new terminal? i've had the misfortune of landing there a few times in the past few months, and haven't helped but notice the food options and horrible at present time.
T6 options are much better than what you would find in T3. Also, if you have a LONG layover, a nice 10 mins hike over to T7 or T8 gives you even more options. T5 sucks.

T3, it is what it is [Gladstone, BK, and Starbucks], you don't like it then it is a bummer!

T6 has the following:

Home Turf Sports Bar
Jody Maroni's Sausage Kingdom
Monet's, A California Deli
Redondo Beach Brewing Co.
Ruby's Diner
Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

T7/8 have the following:

Starbucks
La Brea Bakery
Baja Fresh Express
Wolfgang Puck Express
McDonald's
Karl Strauss Microbrewery
California Pizza Kitchen
L.A. Roadhouse-Route 66
Gordon Biersch Brewery
Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by golfingboy
T6 options are much better than what you would find in T3. Also, if you have a LONG layover, a nice 10 mins hike over to T7 or T8 gives you even more options. T5 sucks.

T3, it is what it is [Gladstone, BK, and Starbucks], you don't like it then it is a bummer!

T6 has the following:

Home Turf Sports Bar
Jody Maroni's Sausage Kingdom
Monet's, A California Deli
Redondo Beach Brewing Co.
Ruby's Diner
Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

T7/8 have the following:

Starbucks
La Brea Bakery
Baja Fresh Express
Wolfgang Puck Express
McDonald's
Karl Strauss Microbrewery
California Pizza Kitchen
L.A. Roadhouse-Route 66
Gordon Biersch Brewery
I needed this list in December! I was trying to figure out if the extra hike to T7/8 was worth it. I ended up eating at Jodi Maroni's, which was fine, but I totally would have hit up Baja Fresh.

I'll be through there on Monday, though, although my layover is long enough for an In-N-Out/El Tarasco hike...
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Are we getting a renovated Boardroom in T6? How will it compare to the current Boardroom?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by shuckit
Are we getting a renovated Boardroom in T6? How will it compare to the current Boardroom?
Yes new BR in LAX.

Saw some photos online, possibly @ alaskaair.com/lax - will have a new view apparently with less traffic to watch, but should be nice
Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by beckoa

Yes new BR in LAX.

Saw some photos online, possibly @ alaskaair.com/lax - will have a new view apparently with less traffic to watch, but should be nice
I see it's a "new state of the art, LEED certified" Boardroom. The plane spotting from the old one was top notch.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
My bum luck...I'm o/b to Ixtapa on 3/16, returning 3/19 both through LAX...anybody from AS willing to show me around the new space on 3/19? Not likely to be back through LAX until at least October.

Timing is great for spring vacationing families. Looking forward to the rants about screaming brats defiling the room's virgin ambiance and its brand spanking new furnishings .

--mcz
Old Mar 14, 2012, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by ashill

Happy Flying!
Lisa
Is that confirmed?

I'm flying SEA-(AS)-LAX-(VA)-SYD on 24 March. I'm looking at the AS flight arriving at 19:27 for my 21:25 departure to SYD. That's no problem if both are still in T3, but a little touchier if I have to get from T6 to T3 (though probably still OK).

Update: FWIW, I just called Alaska, and the (very helpful) rep said she didn't think there was a firm date. Her computer confirmed that. She also went and talked to a supervisor, who also said there isn't a firm date. Selfishly, here's hoping they put it off until 25 March.
Seems it is 20th

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/at-the-airport/lax-terminal.aspx?INT=AS_c3PzM_||20120313_AW||
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
BAH! BAH! BAH! I am going to LAX that week, but VX is the contract to LAX. Boo. Hoping to get AS to match.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: AAPLT, RR Alist
So, will a transfer from AA in T4 to AS in T6 (or vice versa) mean a second trip through security/TSA? Get from one terminal to the other by shuttle bus? I have used the secure side shuttle in the past between T3 and T4, but don't know if something similar will be available...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.