Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Anchorage MVPG Breakfast / Lunch-March 21, 2011 (complete with Live Blog!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anchorage MVPG Breakfast / Lunch-March 21, 2011 (complete with Live Blog!)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:45 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Do you honestly think Alaska is carrying significant connecting traffic from back east on their Hawaii flights?

"Hey, honey, instead of taking the nonstop out of (O'Hare or American or United/Newark on Continental) for our honeymoon in Hawaii, let's connect in Seattle on Alaska! I know you've never heard of these guys, but it'll be fun!"

LOL ok was just a brainstorming idea
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:54 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jackal;16075271[*
)
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Hey now... I thought I was the official 'live blogger' of the ANC Lunch
Hey, not so differing views of the events are always welcome.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & A few others
Originally Posted by BOB W
Anyone else ever notice that 75K is not recognized in the boarding announcements? Once in a great while we will be singled out prior to boarding, but I have never heard us mentioned onboard. It would be nice to hear that once in a while once we are onboard.
Haven't been on on of my flights lately!!!

I do mention 75K along with Gold's and MVP's in our 10K announcement after takeoff, however, it is not written that way and I have suggested to our Inflight Management with our next Announcment revision we add "75K" to our 10K announcement.

I do think it is a milestone to reach our 75k level and make it a point if I am the "A" Flight Attendant to take the time to visit our 75K's in the main cabin.

I would like to thank all of your who continue to support Alaska Airlines! Please take the time to write into Customer Care with your concerns regarding anything in your travel experience, both North and South of Expected!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:03 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

q-QX in AK
a-looking at feasibility of the intra-ak routes... but no decisions have been made. GPS relied on... if it happens not sure on the timeline...

End. Thanks for readin'
I just wonder to what extent. It would drastically reduce cargo capacity which is where AS makes money up here. Perhaps cargo loads have dropped in the economy but they will eventually pick up...then what? pull out QX and bring AS back up? Maybe they are looking at the southeast area as opposed to places like BET, OME, FAI, and SCC :/ .....NAC would love to see QX take over those routes
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
I have heard that QX is coming to JNU within the next few years. Among other things, time is needed to work out technical details such as how the prop planes will operate in an RNP environment. JNU will become more of a commuter hub, with the props generally replacing jet service to smaller communities (e.g., WRG, PSG, YAK, and maybe even SIT to some degree). The jets will stay for flights to ANC and SEA. Not sure about KTN.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by dave1013
I have heard that QX is coming to JNU within the next few years. Among other things, time is needed to work out technical details such as how the prop planes will operate in an RNP environment. JNU will become more of a commuter hub, with the props generally replacing jet service to smaller communities (e.g., WRG, PSG, YAK, and maybe even SIT to some degree). The jets will stay for flights to ANC and SEA. Not sure about KTN.
I dunno. The idea of QX flying the SE routes just doesn't sit well with me. I guess I could see service from JNU to WRG, PSG, YAK, but I sure as heck hope they don't plan to stick us on Q400s from KTN-SEA or something similar. Not only are the props uncomfortable and lacking an F cabin, but when it comes to icing, turbulence, wind shear and cross winds, I'd feel much safer on a 737.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:02 am

So, did no one bring up the possibility of more than one "Complimentary drink" on the flights? Trans cons can last up to six hours plus. ANC-SEA is three hours plus. Drink carts come through up to three times. Digiplayers are pretty much useless if you fly at the 75K level. It seems to me that one free drink per cart is not unreasonable. I can buy mini-bottles locally for 99 cents (but would go to jail if I self serve). AS probably pays less. Once on the plane in coach AS really does not offer much to the 75K's.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by PDXFA
Haven't been on on of my flights lately!!!

I do mention 75K along with Gold's and MVP's in our 10K announcement after takeoff, however, it is not written that way and I have suggested to our Inflight Management with our next Announcement revision we add "75K" to our 10K announcement.

I do think it is a milestone to reach our 75K level and make it a point if I am the "A" Flight Attendant to take the time to visit our 75K's in the main cabin.

I would like to thank all of your who continue to support Alaska Airlines! Please take the time to write into Customer Care with your concerns regarding anything in your travel experience, both North and South of Expected!
Nothing mentioned Wed. night. It just seems like we don't exist sometimes. I appreciate that you do recognize us, but for me that is the rare exception.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.1067 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by BOB W
So, did no one bring up the possibility of more than one "Complimentary drink" on the flights? Trans cons can last up to six hours plus. ANC-SEA is three hours plus. Drink carts come through up to three times. Digiplayers are pretty much useless if you fly at the 75K level. It seems to me that one free drink per cart is not unreasonable. I can buy mini-bottles locally for 99 cents (but would go to jail if I self serve). AS probably pays less. Once on the plane in coach AS really does not offer much to the 75K's.
Not mentioned

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.