Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need advice from the seasoned veterans!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Need advice from the seasoned veterans!

My family will be flying direct to Hawaii in May on Alaska. 3 of us have a coach ticket, and grandpa has a first class ticket. The 3 seats in coach are together, and like grandpa, I am a male

Here is the question... although I love flying, I do suffer from clausterphobia, and I'm a big dude. Grandpa has offered to let me use his F class seat, which should be helpful on both counts.

Nobody here is an Alaska frquent flyer if that matters.

Question is, when we board if grandpa just sits in "my" seat and I just go to his seat will there be a problem? Will they even know?

Thanks, guys!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by prouddad
My family will be flying direct to Hawaii in May on Alaska. 3 of us have a coach ticket, and grandpa has a first class ticket. The 3 seats in coach are together, and like grandpa, I am a male

Here is the question... although I love flying, I do suffer from clausterphobia, and I'm a big dude. Grandpa has offered to let me use his F class seat, which should be helpful on both counts.

Nobody here is an Alaska frquent flyer if that matters.

Question is, when we board if grandpa just sits in "my" seat and I just go to his seat will there be a problem? Will they even know?

Thanks, guys!
Welcome to Flyertalk prouddad and congrats to going to Hawaii- you should enjoy the trip

As for a seat swap... do you share the same last name? They probably wouldn't know the difference, unless you let them know it, which could be a good way of doing it. But this shouldn't cause an issue as long as seat swaps are not happening mid-flight.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Welcome to Flyertalk prouddad and congrats to going to Hawaii- you should enjoy the trip

As for a seat swap... do you share the same last name? They probably wouldn't know the difference, unless you let them know it, which could be a good way of doing it. But this shouldn't cause an issue as long as seat swaps are not happening mid-flight.
Nope, different last name. We just intend to swap boarding passes on the skybridge, and go to our seats like we own them!
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:23 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
as long as there is no seat swapping during the flight... it doesnt matter.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 8:20 am

You don't have to be sneaky about it - just swap seats before you get on and don't plan on swapping seats during the flight as Missy said. Nobody cares whether you swap seats before boarding. Enjoy F class!
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG
You will probably be greeted by the FA by grandpa's name when he/she comes around to take your drink order, though. Just play it cool!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.