Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Busy PHX airport this Sunday? Bump perhaps?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

We are flying PHX-BLI Sunday a.m. (2487/638) and it appears many flights are full, both on AS and other airlines. Is there something major going on in PHX that everybody is scrambling back from on Sunday, or perhaps it is folks coming up for the Olympics? Wondering if that morning will be a good one for volunteering, but would also like to eventually get home that same day.

Any insight from those in the know as to our likelihood of the above scenario? Asking in the event the OLCI offers us a chance to volunteer and knowing that my husband will not want to overnight in PHX on Sunday.

Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2010, 6:06 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Smile who doesn't mind an extra segment or two in their flying life?

We are in & out of PHX regularly on AS.

The AS flights are almost always full IME. If you have an early AM flight I would guess that there is a good chance you could get home on Sunday but you might have to route thru PDX & SEA to get to BLI.

Of course if you are gunning for MVP or MVPG the extra segment and 500 miles won't cause too much pain...
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
It's midwinter break for most K-12 schools, plus colleges have breaks too.

I'll be on 641 Sunday with my daughter. That is, unless they offer some tasty, tasty bump compensation...
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It's midwinter break for most K-12 schools, plus colleges have breaks too.

I'll be on 641 Sunday with my daughter. That is, unless they offer some tasty, tasty bump compensation...
Leftover snack basket fillers?
Old Feb 17, 2010, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or leftover Jones Cola and Red Bull...
Old Feb 17, 2010, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Spring Break for ASU is 3 weeks away

so i dont think its that
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bump-o-rama on PHX flights today. Right now, the plan is US flying you to LAS for AS 613 departing at 8:45 if you're doing this.

I snagged the last two F seats out of ORD on AS 29 instead, getting me into SEA a few hours earlier (and about 2000 extra miles, at least some of which will be EQM- we'll see how AS credits a US flight- as EQM? As RDM? ).
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:46 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
we'll see how AS credits a US flight- as EQM? As RDM? ).
neither
Old Feb 21, 2010, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, that's OK- I have a US account I can credit it to if I HAVE to.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 3:52 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Well, that's OK- I have a US account I can credit it to if I HAVE to.
like I said before if AS reroutes you on a non MP partner the ethical and courteous thing to do would be to credit it all as AS metal. But they sorely lack any courtesy and just flat do not care in these situations. Although on the flip side an airlines priority is to get you from point A to B and not so much caring about what EQM or RDMs you earn but still you should have the option in these situations that are out of your control. I suppose it would be easier to double dip on 2 programs in these situations too if AS gave you credit as well and then you could go credit with US since their systems dont talk that well together aside from the reservations part of it. When they over book thats squarely on their shoulders and could always have been prevented. It aint like an A/C hitting a bird and being grounded or mother nature dumping 10 foot of snow
Old Feb 21, 2010, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I intend to ask the folks at MP first. And I was told by the GA at PHX I could send it in to MP and get credit (I specifically asked about the PHX-ORD flight).

And, like I said, I have a US FF account (from the HP days, I'm not quite as militant as I_Hate_US_Airways about US, but they are WAAAAY down the list of "airlines I will book on", thanks to their being cheap scoundrels, and the continual string of mx/other problems I run into on them- the HP/US merger ruined that airline for me). So if I gotta us it, I gotta.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by jan_az
so i dont think its that
Are you absolutely sure about this? Because lots of those college students who goes away on Sping Break vacation. So that's why the flight is overbooked. So you won't have to get in the seat for this time. Maybe there will have another time if you will try flying on AS again.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, the miles posted for me and my daughter... and I am happy with how it worked out. It appears the GA was able to do what she said.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.