Wiki Posts
Search

Sick e-mail about AS 261

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2010, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Sick e-mail about AS 261

It's bad enough to get stupid e-mails from people in Nigeria wanting to give me money. This one I received today is just sick.

----------

Dear Sir/Madame,

How are you Today? I believe all is well with you.I will start by saying,after weeks of long private research,i had no option but to write this email to you and hope you might understand and cooperate for mutual business benefit amongst us.I am Daniel Nugent, a former financial consultant to Late Mr.Morrison Thompson,an American citizen who unfortunately lost his life in the plane crash of Alaska Airlines Flight 261 which crashed on January 31 2000, including his wife and only daughter.This you can confirm with the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Airlines_Flight_261

Before the death of my late employer, he lodged GBP 15.5 Million (Fifteen Million, Five hundred Thousand British Pounds Sterling Only) in a secret safe in Natwest Bank Plc London, United Kingdom. The deposit was known by both of us. Unfortunately, he passed away, with no next of kin, nor children or family members as his beneficiary. It is on this note, that i would want you to come into this proposal. I would like to make you his beneficiary to the inheritance. I intended to claim the funds for myself, but I cannot do that because I was his former employee and that will raise questions- Why me?

If you agree to do this with me, then on the success of this transaction, we will split the total amount 40/60, which means you get Six million, Two hundred thousand British Pounds Sterling, while the balance is mine. All expenses that we may encounter during the course of this business transaction will be paid 40/60.Therefore, if you oblige to work with me towards the success of this transaction, then kindly send me your full names and contact address,contact telephone number also for easier communication, your age and your current occupation , which i would use in preparing any legal claim documents that may be requested from us for the funds to be released to you.Kindly send your response to my private email address on ([email protected]). And If you are not ready to assist me towards the success of this business proposal, kindly delete this message immediately as you will never hear from me anymore.

I look forward to your prompt response with the requested information so i can give you more details on how we will successfully complete this business proposal.

Best Regards
Daniel Nugent
Old Feb 26, 2010, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Boy, these Nigerian scammers think people are pretty stupid, huh? From that link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_..._261#Aftermath

The Alaska Airlines flight 261 crash has appeared in various advance fee fraud ("419") email scams. In these scams, a scammer uses the name of someone who died in the crash to lure unsuspecting victims into sending money to the scammer by claiming the crash victim left huge amounts of unclaimed money in a foreign bank account. The names of Morris Thompson and Ronald and Joyce Lake were used in schemes unrelated to them.[27][28]
http://blog.seattlepi.com/consumersm...ves/125509.asp
Old Feb 26, 2010, 9:45 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Boy, these Nigerian scammers think people are pretty stupid, huh?
the bad part is some people are obviously stupid enough to be duped into these schemes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.