Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Milage Plan Damage - So much lost during last 3 years, but still wins Freddie?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Milage Plan Damage - So much lost during last 3 years, but still wins Freddie?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 6:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN CP, Marriott PP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thegeneral
The companion card really has nothing to do with AS. The credit card companies buy blocks of miles. The benefits of all of them will be falling now that the credit card companies have a harder time screwing the poor in this country.
This is not quite true. Here is what Missydarlin had to say on Aug 07 09

"A little clarification
B of A pays for the miles it gives to the card holder. So offering the anniversary miles cost them $$ and the decision to stop offering anniversary miles was theirs.

However, the revenue from the companion certificate all goes to AS and the decision to raise the rate from $50 to $99 was ours.

I wasn't part of the negotiation, but I would imagine that the missing revenue coming in from the anniversary miles, in addition to higher cost of flying since the induction of the program, led to the increase."

Just want to point out that the companion fare increase WAS done by AS.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
That being said, it's been a while since I've seen AS come up with those kinds of redemption deals... and the calendar's starting to look a bit more Delta-esque on the low/middle/high end. For instance, Sunday out of LAS is going to be 20 or 27.5K unless you're at T-330.
Actually you get *2* choices! I took a look through every available month in the Alaska Award Finder, if you want to book a 12.5k return from LAS on a Sunday from LAS-PDX or LAS-SEA you can take your pick between the 19th of December or the 23rd of January. Act now before they both disappear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.