Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Consolidated benefits for AS Elites flying DL

MVP
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • One Free checked bag
  • priority seating
  • 25% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades

MVPG/75K
  • Zone SKY Boarding
  • SkyPriority Checkin
  • SkyPriority Lane for Security
  • Two Free Checked Bags (70 lbs domestic, 50 lbs Intl)
  • Priority Seating
  • 50% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades
Print Wikipost

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:54 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Yes and no, only those who are eligible for SkyPriority benefits can use the priority security screening lanes... So, an MVP who has not been upgraded on any flight will not be able to use priority security lanes, however, if they get upgraded to F and then they can use the priority security lanes.

Even if you get upgraded on only one flight out of 4 flights that day, you will be able to utilize SkyPriority benefits for ALL flights... Yes that means zone 1 boarding on the flights you are in coach, use of SkyPriority lanes at customer service centers, etc.

That is what Delta told their Silvers when they found out they were being excluded from the SkyPriority program. If you are in F on one flight, you will be able to use SkyPriority benefits on all of your flights that day. I can't see how that will be different for AS MVPs.
However...this seems like a moot point since, as far as I know, we are never cleared for upgrades prior to boarding. So, you will never have a confirmed upgrade until you are already through security. Does anyone have a different experience?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
However...this seems like a moot point since, as far as I know, we are never cleared for upgrades prior to boarding. So, you will never have a confirmed upgrade until you are already through security. Does anyone have a different experience?
Back when I was a DL elite, I used to be able to find flights with available upgrade 'V' space within my upgrade eligibility window and confirm it instantly. The DL site would tell you whether the upgrade was 'available' or 'request only'.

I remember Rick saying earlier this year that MVPGs were eligible to upgrade at the same time as Delta FOs (24 hours), but I have yet to hear of an instance of any AS elite being upgraded anywhere besides at the gate. Seems like a good question for the next Gold lunch.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by hgdf
I remember Rick saying earlier this year that MVPGs were eligible to upgrade at the same time as Delta FOs (24 hours), but I have yet to hear of an instance of any AS elite being upgraded anywhere besides at the gate. Seems like a good question for the next Gold lunch.
I got upgraded during OLCI (roughly T-12 hours out I believe) back in November:

Originally Posted by baliktad
21Nov DL4487 SLC-SEA Requested upgrade during OLCI and was instantly confirmed into F. At the time, I believe it was F5 V3 (Delta's V bucket is like our U bucket), which allowed for the immediate confirmed upgrade. I selected an aisle seat in row 4. The next morning at the airport I used a kiosk to print my BP and noticed I was assigned a window seat in row 1. Evidently the equipment change from a CRJ-900 to a CRJ-700 meant there were 3 fewer F seats, but I kept my upgrade.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; WN A-List; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HH Diamond; all the rest
Impressed

On 12/23, booked SEA-IAH-ICT on CO (I know... it was hundreds of dollars less than any AS partner), the inbound was late and CO ruled us over to DL, SEA-ATL-ICT.

I entered my AS number at DL's kiosk, and checked two bags free.

Upon arrival at the gate at ATL, I found that we were on an ASA CRJ with an F section, and I - as a lowly MVP - snagged an F seat ATL-ICT.

My GF, flying on a separate PNR with no status, found herself alone in Y - in the exit row, but in Y. She is a saint. I offered her a switcheroo mid flight, but she declined.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by baliktad
I got upgraded during OLCI (roughly T-12 hours out I believe) back in November:
I've snagged 9 DL UGs since nov... 8 have been at the gate, one at the ticket counter when I dropped off my bag. two of those flights went out with an empty seat in F after two AS elites (me plus MVPG on separate PNRs) cleared so I suspect there may then have been upgradeable inventory available when I did OLCI. I would have expected one of us to be UG'd during OLCI if that functionality were in place for AS elites... Though DL may just have been setting unrealistically high expectations for selling UGs at the gate.

as for hierarchy- MVPG and 75k = same, for my GF and myself... whoever bought first was higher on the UG list. Not sure if it's the same for MVP.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:23 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat Ambassador Program
LAX - SFO, AS codeshare on DL metal:
Outbound leg, I was 11/11 with 4 seats avail... not upgraded.
Return leg, on the upgrade list.... awaiting outcome! Let's hope for the best,
Old Jan 12, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
DL flights Jan 11

SFO-SLC on a CRappyJet 900: I was something like 17th on the list, but I did have an exit row.

SLC-OMA CR9: cleared at gate (the boarding card reader dinged and printed me up one of those little receipt-looking slips that said 1D. First time that's ever happened.) So dating back to the start of MVPG upgrades on DL, I'm something like 2 for 10, both upgrades on CRappyJets, but all of those itins are on last minute tickets.
As long as I get double AS miles, exit rows, priority security lines/boarding, and a shot at an upgrade, I have little cause for complaint. I am enjoying life as an AS elite in a foreign DL land. ^
Old Jan 12, 2011, 4:37 pm

IROPS

Not sure if being in Y helps us on the upgrade list, however, I am on an IROPs itinerary heading to NYC tonight/tomorrow...

For MSP-LGA I am #2 out of 11 on the upgrade waitlist for 4 F seats... I highly doubt that there is 9 AS elites or DL elite companions on the waitlist...

For some reason, DL's site won't show me the upgrade waitlist for LAX-MSP Will find out when I arrive in LAX.

Honestly, I don't care about upgrades at this point for this trip, all I care about is that I get into NYC on time tomorrow AM [7:05AM MSP-LGA flight].
Old Jan 12, 2011, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Not sure if being in Y helps us on the upgrade list, however, I am on an IROPs itinerary heading to NYC tonight/tomorrow...

For MSP-LGA I am #2 out of 11 on the upgrade waitlist for 4 F seats... I highly doubt that there is 9 AS elites or DL elite companions on the waitlist...

For some reason, DL's site won't show me the upgrade waitlist for LAX-MSP Will find out when I arrive in LAX.

Honestly, I don't care about upgrades at this point for this trip, all I care about is that I get into NYC on time tomorrow AM [7:05AM MSP-LGA flight].
It does for DL upgrade lists... why an FO can trump a Diamond... crazy things happen during irrops...
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
It does for DL upgrade lists... why an FO can trump a Diamond... crazy things happen during irrops...
Yeah, but I thought AS elites in Y will still be behind all DL medallions... Apparently full Y does push you ahead of all DL elites, unless they are in Y too...
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, but I thought AS elites in Y will still be behind all DL medallions... Apparently full Y does push you ahead of all DL elites, unless they are in Y too...
During IRROPS around the holidays, my boarding pass actually reflected F (was in V on my cancelled flight, and the GA gave me an F BP for the next flight). I was hoping for F mileage credit, but only got regular credit.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
During IRROPS around the holidays, my boarding pass actually reflected F (was in V on my cancelled flight, and the GA gave me an F BP for the next flight). I was hoping for F mileage credit, but only got regular credit.
yup...apparently DL is smart like that
Old Jan 12, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by flyinryan
As long as I get double AS miles, exit rows, priority security lines/boarding, and a shot at an upgrade, I have little cause for complaint. I am enjoying life as an AS elite in a foreign DL land. ^
Even though as an MVP I don't get all of those benefits, I too am enjoying flying DL as an AS elite.

For my trip on 01/10-01/11, I was #16 of 17 on SLC-LAX, #16 of 16 on LAX-MCO, and #8 of 8 on MCO-MEM.

If I had to ask for one more thing from the AS/DL partership, it would be access to an elite phone number when flying DL.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
"Check with agent for priority" when attempting to view the upgrade list on DL.com. A search of the DL forum suggests this usually means the upgrade cleared which I find doubtful given the route. Has anyone seen it when traveling with Alaska status?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
"Check with agent for priority" when attempting to view the upgrade list on DL.com. A search of the DL forum suggests this usually means the upgrade cleared which I find doubtful given the route. Has anyone seen it when traveling with Alaska status?
I can almost never get the upgrade list to show online. I don't recall if I got that message specifically. I had assumed it may be because I was using google chrome as a browser, and there was some sort of compatibility issue. Still, I was too lazy to open internet explorer...since it runs at a snail's pace when compared with chrome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.