Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

ANC Fall 2009 MVPG Breakfast & Lunch October 15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANC Fall 2009 MVPG Breakfast & Lunch October 15

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ANC
hmm I wonder if this is the reason things have been all screwed up ie. Bob W circumstance and the other glitch that will show Value U or Full flex U open but you cant buy F. Although that was showing up on flight selections over 36 days ahead let alone 36 hours Did anybody mention anything about this current web issue
I didn't understand the issue entirely... mentioned it to someone on the side and agreed that if there are seats open (including U) that F should be able to be sold...
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Chugach
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Any update from ops if AS will take two or three gates in B? When I came back from IAH on Sunday, C1-C9 were all full, two Eskimos were parked along B where the C0 gates used to be, and one other 73H was on the ramp next to the cargo 747s. Since there's going to be so much open gate space at ANC seems like a couple extra B gates would be a nice addition.
It is a delicate dance right now... AS is using 6 right now... but its a stretch since C0 is closed down... I was at the table with an ANC Ground Ops Supervisor and asked about this during our lunch... basically it sounds like a mexican hat dance... when AS has a large bank of flights going out (like the redeyes) the planes come in... passengers deboard, towed out to the parking, cleaned, towed back and reboarded... that's how tight the gate space is... Don't think AS is acquiring the lease to any B gates yet... B is to open with a Public Ceremony in Nov... But its not completed yet... no food vendors in that terminal yet (no one signed a lease yet) and apparently there are cool huge geese 'flying' up high in the terminal. So we'll know soon
Old Oct 16, 2009, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Boardroom rates are going up next year... so lock them in this year...
Thanks for the info. mine expires in January and didn't get the free month. Guess its time to put aside some $$ for next years membership
Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Boardroom rates are going up next year...
Thanks for all the information about the meeting Beckoa. Great notes!

For me, with my yearly travel down so much, I'm fairly certain I won't be renewing my BR membership... and with the increase it rates, that pretty much confirms it. I wonder if others will allow memberships to lapse for similar reasons this year?
Old Oct 18, 2009, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
Thanks for the info. mine expires in January and didn't get the free month. Guess its time to put aside some $$ for next years membership
Thanks- I'd say if you like AS, go with the 3 year membership... $750 turns out to be $250 a year or about $20 a month ^

Originally Posted by Lanny
Thanks for all the information about the meeting Beckoa. Great notes!

For me, with my yearly travel down so much, I'm fairly certain I won't be renewing my BR membership... and with the increase it rates, that pretty much confirms it. I wonder if others will allow memberships to lapse for similar reasons this year?
I was letting mine lapse since I had no travel in Sept or Oct... but am ironically in the ANC BR right now as my father was on AS120 this morning... :yawn:

That and the MVPG lunch offer of an extra 3 months... and wine tasting that day too ^

Also, I was waiting for word on what AS was doing with CO PC prior to my renewal... could I be happier, yes... but nice to have some PC access...

The rates aren't increasing that much for MVPG's... it sounds like its just switching to a tiered approach similar to other airlines, so MVPG's pay the least...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.