Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

ANC Fall 2009 MVPG Breakfast & Lunch October 15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANC Fall 2009 MVPG Breakfast & Lunch October 15

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2009, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
ANC Lunch 6...

More Q&A's...

Need Customer Czar to look out for issues with ops and baggage, and weather, volcanoes, etc...
Customer Advocacy is that team

Compliment AS on wheelchair service ^ Always been very nice
Also compliment soup in BR
Cheeseburger from Mexico is very good!
Companion Fare standby waiting F class... one seat avail, but could not upgrade one of us since both need to be in same COS...
BoA... no not possible...

By far AS has the best employees vs. other carriers (fly more on other carriers)

Block Middle seat for MVPG's until the very last minute... great idea... can check with sabre... know there is an algorithm to fill windows and aisles first...
Heard rumors that other airlines wer going to do it...

Can we have pillows again?
H1N1 issues... also important cost savings issue too...
What about selling premium package with logo...
Have a nice blanket... cost with pillows, blankets and dry cleaning was high

Boarding Pass has ticket counter times on Boarding Passes... could help...
May be a little hard...

Boardroom... got some passes in past, and this year no passes...
Stopped doing it

Website- separate departure & return flights... took ten tries before finding F class...
Price has dropped a lot... so may have been filled with F...

Question on AS CC- run multiple biz' can run into one number... take last 4 digits of CC - way to differentiate miles...

Mexico- kids good for first hour... after that no provision to allow anyone get off the plane (guess it was a ground delay)
Not sure why they could not deplane- get some food since they ran out... son in law was so upset, was going to ask for compensation - triplets and new baby - all very young... only good for short time...
Some provision so people could not wait two hours in a hot plane...

Captain's input- when on a plane, don't want to keep them on more then a couple hours... but sometimes have a time-slot and need to be ready to go at a moments notice.;.. leave them behind or loose our takeoff slot...
Mechanical is time-sensitive... a lot of times mech we let folks off... but ATC or wx problem a little more reluctant to let folks off... but will serve drinks- keep A/C on...
Kids didn't get any free drinks... but they were the ones who needed them
Don't want to keep customers on a plane more then 90 minutes... have a debrief on lengthy mechanical delays

Doing email tests in interactive market... if you shop and you didn't complete your purchase... it was going to ask why you didn't purchase or something...

Huge difference in partner agents... some good, some not as good- Training might be useful in those situations... know what some of the rules are... etc...
-great feedback- buying qualifying fare... um...

Award structure question... person did not understand how it worked... listed on website.... oh well...

<more to come>
Old Oct 15, 2009, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
ANC Lunch 7...

more talk explaining award travel...
Shopping engine sends back 20,000 options... so AS shows what we think you meant...
Kind of predicting what you want to see... its a balance...
Is there a way to force that?
Had to go to one-way fares to find it...
Way to force flights...

Back to partner desk- some more agents there so more training occurring- also mentioned booking online...

BR's... design or allow us to have unattended access for a portion of the club... kinda like HA does...

Year before AS entered Hawaii market... NW had KOA service... will take into advisement...

CO- ANC & PDX
AS- LAS, EWR, & DEN...
Wanted to keep that piece of a relationship and they did not...

Link itins so one does not get stuck in Y...
Flight 232- PDX-Cabo
Would be nice to split the upgrade out on these flights...
Cashless Cabin... good lord that thing is slow... delays half the service...
Getting a software upgrade that should upgrade it... never got a card in May... consolidating and sending out a card soon... but consolidated...

Thank you much

<end>

BR afterparty now
Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I asked my questions while Beckoa had stepped out:

1. Asked about PC access at IAH as there is a PC next to A11, the AS gate. The response (understanably) was that CO pretty much flipped them the bird when IAH was announced.

2. Mike assured me that IAH would be double daily before much longer.

3. I continued my winter daytime ANC-PDX quest and got a somewhat lukewarm response but Mike said they'd keep looking at it.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chugach
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I asked my questions while Beckoa had stepped out:

1. Asked about PC access at IAH as there is a PC next to A11, the AS gate. The response (understanably) was that CO pretty much flipped them the bird when IAH was announced.

2. Mike assured me that IAH would be double daily before much longer.

3. I continued my winter daytime ANC-PDX quest and got a somewhat lukewarm response but Mike said they'd keep looking at it.
...of course

Had to go feed the meeter... only went to two hours

Nice @ Double Daily... and wouldn't be surprised about a nonstop even... and flippin' the bird- would have been nice to be there and see it
Old Oct 15, 2009, 5:13 pm

[QUOTE=beckoa;12652489]more talk explaining award travel...

CO- ANC & PDX
AS- LAS, EWR, & DEN...

QUOTE]

And if this comment isn't clear, what it means is that it was announced out loud at the ANC in direct response to my question that these are the lounges that are included in the lounge agreement. An email will be going out to Boardroom members Friday or Monday with an update, if I understood Rick correctly.

Rick indicated that this was very much more Continental's wishes to limit the lounge agreement so severely. This makes sense because it is <my opinion here, reading between lines> probably CO's perception that AS is moving into their territory (IAH) and viewing that as an act of aggression, perhaps?

I find it interesting that all this time, AS employees have been willing to speak openly about the upcoming agreement and changes, while at CO even people with whom I am on quite friendly terms were extremely tightlipped.

Again, Rhonda Lawrence and Jennifer both from the Boardroom and Rick R. spoke openly about the lounge agreement. It is set for the airports BECKOA wrote about (that I specified weeks ago, unofficially) with official announcement coming within a few days.

Last edited by TravelMann; Oct 15, 2009 at 5:22 pm
Old Oct 15, 2009, 6:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
Thanks to those of you who posted the summaries of today's events! Last year I was in ANC at this time - just missed the festivities by one day - not this year.

I just renewed my BR membership, and did it early - now sad to see that this may have been detrimental to me.... I didn't get a free month . I'll contact the BR and see what I can do.

Dave
Old Oct 15, 2009, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Still waiting... but had a surprisingly good lunch...

It looked at first like a sandwich, but it was a circular bed of mashed potatoes (with skins), with a nice fillet o' chicken, and topped with grilled peppers (red and Orange) and a nice slice of brie (or other cheese... but good)

Very good food...

Also talked about B concourse with Ground Ops... :cool;
Any update from ops if AS will take two or three gates in B? When I came back from IAH on Sunday, C1-C9 were all full, two Eskimos were parked along B where the C0 gates used to be, and one other 73H was on the ramp next to the cargo 747s. Since there's going to be so much open gate space at ANC seems like a couple extra B gates would be a nice addition.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 8:12 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
If you buy Value & above, significantly improves your upgrade chances
Once if you buy the qualifying fare and U is avail = upgrade, once we get to 36 hrs out, put qualifying fare into F class...
Started a month ago
Once checkin happens lots of things can happen

[....
sooo its somewhat become like a DL system where the higher fare catergories get first crack rather than a free for all?
Old Oct 15, 2009, 8:43 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Did Rick lead the meeting???
Old Oct 15, 2009, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by I_Hate_US_Airways
Yes.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelMann
more talk explaining award travel...

CO- ANC & PDX
AS- LAS, EWR, & DEN...
And if this comment isn't clear, what it means is that it was announced out loud at the ANC in direct response to my question that these are the lounges that are included in the lounge agreement. An email will be going out to Boardroom members Friday or Monday with an update, if I understood Rick correctly.

Rick indicated that this was very much more Continental's wishes to limit the lounge agreement so severely. This makes sense because it is <my opinion here, reading between lines> probably CO's perception that AS is moving into their territory (IAH) and viewing that as an act of aggression, perhaps?

I find it interesting that all this time, AS employees have been willing to speak openly about the upcoming agreement and changes, while at CO even people with whom I am on quite friendly terms were extremely tightlipped.

Again, Rhonda Lawrence and Jennifer both from the Boardroom and Rick R. spoke openly about the lounge agreement. It is set for the airports BECKOA wrote about (that I specified weeks ago, unofficially) with official announcement coming within a few days.
Guess you did have good info

Just was hoping for more lounges like AUS and IAH...

Also, DL Skyclub did not want to allow guests when on AS metal... it was their limitation... so when I get some time I'll write DL a nice nasty letter for not allowing our companions when flying on AS
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davew-krdm
Thanks to those of you who posted the summaries of today's events! Last year I was in ANC at this time - just missed the festivities by one day - not this year.

I just renewed my BR membership, and did it early - now sad to see that this may have been detrimental to me.... I didn't get a free month . I'll contact the BR and see what I can do.

Dave
Boardroom rates are going up next year... so lock them in this year... from what I heard its going to more of a sliding system based on status... $295/yr was what one person thought would be for MVPG's... not sure about other rates...

Miss Rhonda coerced me into a 3 year membership but got 3 free months

So I'm good for a while!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ANC
sooo its somewhat become like a DL system where the higher fare catergories get first crack rather than a free for all?
Kinda... Just another stage added in...

Just adds another tier... and its manual at the 36 hour mark... for Value (H) fares or higher... regardless of U avail...
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:05 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Kinda... Just another stage added in...

Just adds another tier... and its manual at the 36 hour mark... for Value (H) fares or higher... regardless of U avail...
hmm I wonder if this is the reason things have been all screwed up ie. Bob W circumstance and the other glitch that will show Value U or Full flex U open but you cant buy F. Although that was showing up on flight selections over 36 days ahead let alone 36 hours Did anybody mention anything about this current web issue
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by I_Hate_US_Airways
Very well!

Great Job Rick! ^^ Nice balance of info presented, and good Q&A session ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.