Wiki Posts
Search

Was I wrong?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: A+ Elite, Priority Club Gold
Was I wrong?

Here's a little diversion from the normal content of this board. I think this is pretty good as practical jokes go; you may disagree- let's just see.

A few weeks ago I was calling in early one morning to purchase an upgrade on my return flight from PNS for that day. Not having a copy of the booking handy, the agent was kind enough to search it by my name without insisting I provide the confirmation number.

As it turns out there is another TJ41 out there who just happened to have a round trip from PNS-ATL booked for this weekend. At first the agent started to use that itin before she figured out what she was doing, however, she left the booking attached to my A+ number, so ever since that day, I have been able to view this itin under my bookings. (With any luck, I'll get the flight credits afterwards!)

Anyone see where this is going yet? It sure is neat, as an elite, to be able to choose my seats in advance. It's so neat, in fact, that I thought the other TJ41 might enjoy the ride up to the ATL in 31E.

Is there possibly a worse seat on the 717? Am I wrong for that?

(As an aside, the other TJ41 booked this trip through Travelocity. I'm betting that he's not real familiar with AirTran in that case, and may or may not realize he can change this himself upon check in. Time will tell.)
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:15 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
It would be quite evil, but we all have a dark side, don't we??
Old Jan 12, 2006, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Why not book him in the 2nd best seat on the flight?

What comes around, goes around (especially karma).

If you have the same name, you may even be relatives...
Old Jan 14, 2006, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by gsupstate
It would be quite evil, but we all have a dark side, don't we??

His darkside might redeem the OP's credits someday.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 3:03 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
i'd put myself in 18D, and the other guy in 18F. keep that solo middle there as long as possible....

if you've already got the upgrade, i'd put him in a good seat. no need to have him draw attention to the fact that he didn't do that, and oh, that's not his A+ number, either!
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:26 pm

A co-worker who I dislike once whined about being claustrophobic to me and dumped a lot of work on me before an unplanned trip. Once she left, I called her airline and changed her seat to a last row, window seat.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 1:33 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by Tute84
A co-worker who I dislike once whined about being claustrophobic to me and dumped a lot of work on me before an unplanned trip. Once she left, I called her airline and changed her seat to a last row, window seat.
I once had to arrange for a coworker's airline tix on my credit card. She was a pain in the kind of employee. Accordingly, she sat back row middle seat all the way MIA-SEA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.