FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Was I wrong?
Thread: Was I wrong?
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:23 am
tj41

Programs: A+ Elite, Priority Club Gold
Was I wrong?

Here's a little diversion from the normal content of this board. I think this is pretty good as practical jokes go; you may disagree- let's just see.

A few weeks ago I was calling in early one morning to purchase an upgrade on my return flight from PNS for that day. Not having a copy of the booking handy, the agent was kind enough to search it by my name without insisting I provide the confirmation number.

As it turns out there is another TJ41 out there who just happened to have a round trip from PNS-ATL booked for this weekend. At first the agent started to use that itin before she figured out what she was doing, however, she left the booking attached to my A+ number, so ever since that day, I have been able to view this itin under my bookings. (With any luck, I'll get the flight credits afterwards!)

Anyone see where this is going yet? It sure is neat, as an elite, to be able to choose my seats in advance. It's so neat, in fact, that I thought the other TJ41 might enjoy the ride up to the ATL in 31E.

Is there possibly a worse seat on the 717? Am I wrong for that?

(As an aside, the other TJ41 booked this trip through Travelocity. I'm betting that he's not real familiar with AirTran in that case, and may or may not realize he can change this himself upon check in. Time will tell.)