Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Different pricing on Airtran flights purchased on iflyswa.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Apologies if everyone the flies Airtran regularly already knows this, but just had a situation that surprised me.

I was pricing tickets LAS-BWI and Airtran website had the flight I wanted for $712 or so, first class only (coach and unrestricted coach were "sold out"). Before purchasing I decided to look around some more and also checked the Southwest website (forgetting that they were the same company).

Anyway, the Southwest website had the exact same flight (operated by Airtran) but offered it for cheaper -- coach ("wanna get away") was about $240, $500 for restricted coach, and $630 for business class. I booked the business class on Southwest and saved almost $100 (by the way, for a flight 2 weeks out I was the only business class passenger so far).

Is this common?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:17 pm

I've seen it work both ways. Most of the time the prices are identical but occasionally there is a difference and sometimes if you try to purchase the lower priced one it won't go through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.