Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Biz Class Drinks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Biz Class Drinks

Sorry if I missed this in another post. For my last three flights there has been no pre-flight beverage service up front at all, is this something new that was dropped. First flight, I tried asking for one and after getting a fowl look she would only allow me to have a bottle of water and then offered bottles to the rest of the front. For the second flight, I asked and was told that everything was warm because they didn't have ice until a few minutes beforehand and would therefore not have anything before takeoff. Third flight, I decided to keep my mouth shut and post to the forum to check and see if this is a new policy or just lazy staff.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:14 pm

I have noticed the same thing. I have a friend who is an FA with Airtran and she confirmed that there is no new policy but that sometimes either because catering is slow for other reasons they do not always serve them.

I imagine that since airtran will be winding down Southwest is not really keeping up the service.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I have noticed the same thing. I have a friend who is an FA with Airtran and she confirmed that there is no new policy but that sometimes either because catering is slow for other reasons they do not always serve them.

I imagine that since airtran will be winding down Southwest is not really keeping up the service.
Well I hear the airtran FA's complain (between themselves quietly) about the southwest process/union on near every flight. If they were smart, they'd be providing the best possible service so there is an overnight switch to southwest and we all complain as opposed to a slow wind down...
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:39 am

My last Biz flight Thursday they served the pre-flight drink.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold
Last four months or so no pre-flight drinks out of ATL for me, but could be the route I'm flying.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
I was served last week

It is inconsistent. Still, it's not a big deal to me personally as I would rather see them worry about other things before the flight. Then again, I board the flight usually in the last minute. I will say this - the FA saw us not care for the premium snacks. So she gave me a whole cup of Biscoffs (maybe 8 or so) when she realized I liked it.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Not going to have the option anyway in 3 months, so not really worth worrying about. Fewer Airtran flights even now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.