Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Final Flight #1 12-28-2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I don 't know how many FTers will be on the flight. Tickets were sold out very quickly.

I suspect most passengers will be employees. I know one Southwest employee (former Airtran) who will be on it. He tells me something is planned for the departure from Atlanta but not anything for the termination in Tampa.
Thanks for the reply. I somehow snagged a ticket on the flight though can't get a seat assignment yet. Here's hoping for a fun event nonetheless and a classy end to a great airline.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by NachoAirline
I somehow snagged a ticket on the flight though can't get a seat assignment yet.
I hope that doesn't mean it's oversold.

It would truly suck to be denied boarding and I'm pretty sure there won't be many no shows.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 3:40 pm

It would truly suck to be denied boarding and I'm pretty sure there won't be many no shows.
No kidding....can't imagine what dollar amount would be worth it to me for an oversold situation considering how far out of my way I'm going to take this flight...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:55 pm

No kidding....can't imagine what dollar amount would be worth it to me for an oversold situation considering how far out of my way I'm going to take this flight...
I spoke to WN reservations earlier to see if there were any seats left and it is indeed overbooked. They would not tell me how many seats it was overbooked by.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by SweetBabyGray
I spoke to WN reservations earlier to see if there were any seats left and it is indeed overbooked. They would not tell me how many seats it was overbooked by.
I wonder how they will handle this. This is not an ordinary flight. I'm actually surprised they allowed it to be overbooked.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
How many FTers will be on this final flight? As we are nearing the date, does anyone know if there will be any festivities planned for the flight or the Airport?
I'll be on it. I have a window seat near the back, and it will take a lot of money to keep me off the flight.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
I wonder how they will handle this. This is not an ordinary flight. I'm actually surprised they allowed it to be overbooked.
They didn't and it isn't. End of story.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:28 am

Since there will probably be a few FTers who will be on the last flight, it would be great if somebody is able to post some video, so that we can all share the experience of the last flight, in some small way.

TIA, if someone is able to pull this off.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by mke9499
Since there will probably be a few FTers who will be on the last flight, it would be great if somebody is able to post some video, so that we can all share the experience of the last flight, in some small way.

TIA, if someone is able to pull this off.
I'll try... At least pics. I might go full on Go-Pro. A few fares popped up today and I snagged one. FL 1 is back to sold out.

But keep checking.. WN bookings are more volatile with the no change fees.

Last edited by traveller001; Dec 26, 2014 at 10:14 pm
Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Update: Back to showing 8+ tickets available for purchase!

Seat availability for sale on flight #1 has been strange: sold out, then 8+ available, then back to sold out. Still glad I bought our 3 tickets a few months back.

My hunch is that mgmt blocked a bunch of seats for employees who have decided against the trip due to holiday travel and due to the difficulty in flying nonrev positioning flights...
Old Dec 28, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
a shame it's so late so I could have gone to see it

Last edited by FLgrr; Dec 28, 2014 at 3:06 pm
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:55 pm

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
Other Flyers

I'm going to message several of you, but who will be there for the flight tonight? Please PM me with your name and mobile number as I have a reporter that would like to connect with travelers in advance of the flight. She will be on the flight as well.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:07 pm

Biz class snacks are ON ME for everyone on flight #1

Genuine Milano's just like Airtran USED to serve. None of the Nabisco junk.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:34 pm

Follow https://twitter.com/AirlineFlyer as he's on second last FL flight and on same equipment that will be used for final flight, ATL-TPA.

FL cake at ATL via https://twitter.com/airlineguys:

How many stand-bys for last flight!? (via https://twitter.com/flight_report/

Last edited by mke9499; Dec 28, 2014 at 6:49 pm
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:22 pm

Gary Kelly scanned all our boarding passes and shook everyone's hand.

Several Airtran/Southwest freebies and love voucher on every seat.

Free drinks plus champagne toast in the air!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.