Final Flight #1 12-28-2014

Old May 23, 2014, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I don't think this is correct. I received a PM from another Airtran fan timed stamped at 8:22 AM* asking me if I was planning on taking the last flight and expressing disappointment that neither Biz or WAG Biz seats were available. Therewere no WGA fare availible at that time on any ATL-TPA flight that day. There are a few now although FL 1 shows Biz and WGA "Sold Out" although the other flights that day only show WGA "Not Available"

I'm not sure why but time stamps on FT are usually 2 or 3 hours earlier that actual time. I am posting this about 11:30 EDT. If that hold the PM i got was actually sent at 5:22 EDT>
I was/am the disappointed one. It's conceivable there may have been a few others

Biz was unavailable via the web as of 615am & 730am Central Daylight Time Monday. I sent the PM shortly after the 3rd failed try after I got to work.

I assumed at the time that Biz was/is blocked for VIPs. Good or bad, that's how our country works. I'll keep checking "just in case", and will certainly get over it regardless

I'm not going to ride "in the back"; I can do that on Southwest
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:09 pm

And another call-sign will be gone,'Citrus' .
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by United_727
And another call-sign will be gone,'Citrus' .
That's really sad, I love the "Citrus" call sign. I also love the "Cactus" call sign which will also be gone in a couple of years.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
I don't think this is correct. I received a PM from another Airtran fan timed stamped at 8:22 AM* asking me if I was planning on taking the last flight and expressing disappointment that neither Biz or WAG Biz seats were available. Therewere no WGA fare availible at that time on any ATL-TPA flight that day. There are a few now although FL 1 shows Biz and WGA "Sold Out" although the other flights that day only show WGA "Not Available"
I purchased the 3rd to last seat at 0900 on Monday. I know everyone personally in J and I know exactly who booked when.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by PA42
I purchased the 3rd to last seat at 0900 on Monday. I know everyone personally in J and I know exactly who booked when.
That contradicts both your original post that said Biz seats were available until 11, my observation that by 7:30 AM the seats were unavailable and steved5480's observation that they were gone by 6:15 AM.

Since you apparently have access to the passenger list and know everyone it were the seats only made available to people inside Southwest?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 1:55 pm

Since you apparently have access to the passenger list and know everyone it were the seats only made available to people inside Southwest?
With all due respect who cares. I have no bone in this, but WN has the right to do with these seats as it pleases; sell them, give them away to vendors, give them as a perk to employees, whatever. As Hillary once so weakly stated, "What does it matter"
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
That contradicts both your original post that said Biz seats were available until 11, my observation that by 7:30 AM the seats were unavailable and steved5480's observation that they were gone by 6:15 AM.

It's basically an hour of flight time. Not exactly a big deal to not guess the front seats.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat

Would any of you be interested in a "do" at ATL before the departure of the last AirTran flight? I will not be purchasing a ticket on FL1 but might fly down to ATL to meet some of you all and see the flight off at the gate. I'm a former AirTran employee (who did not stick around to work for Southwest) so I probably already know some of you!

Mrs. Wahooflyer will be 8 months pregnant on 12/28 so I don't want to go all the way to TPA. Otherwise I would totally buy a coach seat and join you all (who knows, Gary Kelly could be sitting in 31E?)
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite

I booked a ticket using points. It wasn't cheap. I definitely think a do is in order. Perhaps the wn folks can show us some luv.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:03 pm

I have independant plans to be in Tampa on 12/28 and would love to attend a "do" at TPA.

Anyone interested in greeting "THE LAST FLIGHT"?

I'm not sure how to get WN or TPA to assist.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:58 am

Greeting the last flight.

I have recently determined that I will be in Tampa on December 28th. I didn't have any plans to fly the last flight, but I wonder if there will be a meet up when it arrives in Tampa.

If so I'm in.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: I fly for free.

No, Almost all tickets up front were sold via the website including mine. There were some tickets which were refunded and resold so inventory might have been sporadic until about 11. For the record I havent worked for SWA for some time now, including when I purchased said tickets on southwest.com.

I received my confirmation email right after I booked the ticket at 0949 EST:

reply-to: Southwest Airlines <[email protected]>
to: ******@gmail.com
date: Mon, May 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM
subject: Flight reservation (*****) | 28DEC14 | ATL-TPA | ****/****
mailed-by: luv.southwest.com
signed-by: luv.southwest.com

Id be best if this was dropped because honestly what is the point except you trying to prove something wrong that is not wrong.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:59 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite

Sadly, I had to cancel my trip. The flight is sold out. Another FTer will be taking my place.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Nov 26, 2014 at 1:41 am
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:59 am

How many FTers will be on this final flight? As we are nearing the date, does anyone know if there will be any festivities planned for the flight or the Airport?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by NachoAirline
How many FTers will be on this final flight? As we are nearing the date, does anyone know if there will be any festivities planned for the flight or the Airport?
I don 't know how many FTers will be on the flight. Tickets were sold out very quickly.

I suspect most passengers will be employees. I know one Southwest employee (former Airtran) who will be on it. He tells me something is planned for the departure from Atlanta but not anything for the termination in Tampa.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.