Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

When will AirTran issue a weather waiver for ATL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles FO, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold

Hi All,

Flying AirTran ATL-DCA tomorrow evening (flew down from DCA yesterday, not a great experience, but I digress) and I am wondering with the impending winter weather, when will AirTran issue a weather waiver for ATL? Delta is already proactively cancelling flights in advance of the storm, I expect AirTran to start doing the same and I'd rather make changes sooner rather than later.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by WidgetHead
Hi All,

Flying AirTran ATL-DCA tomorrow evening (flew down from DCA yesterday, not a great experience, but I digress) and I am wondering with the impending winter weather, when will AirTran issue a weather waiver for ATL? Delta is already proactively cancelling flights in advance of the storm, I expect AirTran to start doing the same and I'd rather make changes sooner rather than later.
I'd suggest calling them and asking.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:10 pm

Airtran has issued a weather advisory for Tuesday. It covers Atlanta and several other cities.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Flying AirTran from mdw to atl Friday 2/14. Will operations be back to normal after this latest storm? It's supposed to end Thursday around noon.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:55 pm

The forecasts for Atlanta are backing off some of the earlier dire predictions.

I suggest calling Airtran and asking. They may be willing to accomidate you to free space for displaced passengers. All they can say is NO!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.