Change Planes Layover Question

Old Jan 1, 14, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Change Planes Layover Question

Newbie on Air Tran, see pic:

Does this mean the PAX will change planes during the ATL layover? Or can they just stay on the same plane? TIA.
Old Jan 2, 14, 6:55 am

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN A List
Great question, I don't know if this is the normal way they show a continuing flight or not. The way they print the boarding cards will probably be a factor.

More important to ATL flyers if the reminder to check for hidden cities. Even now, this trip is pricing cheaper MCO-ATL-OKC than MCO-ATL on the same flight.

The Southwest rules specifically allow hidden cities and AirTran is silent on the matter, if I remember correctly.

Always buy hidden city tickets one way, virtually no reason not to for either of these carriers.
Old Jan 2, 14, 10:05 am

Such flights are.relatively new for Airtran. I was on a flight fecently where thru passengers were allowed to stay on the plane.
Old Jan 2, 14, 7:19 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
Such flights are.relatively new for Airtran. I was on a flight fecently where thru passengers were allowed to stay on the plane.
They are actually not new.. Seasonal ATL-SEA used to stop as a through flight in MKE on off season. There were a few others.

There are obviously more now.

Times one might have to deplane... FA crew change or an aircraft swap.
Old Jan 2, 14, 7:40 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by Justin026 View Post
The Southwest rules specifically allow hidden cities and AirTran is silent on the matter, if I remember correctly.
Neither will award points or credits for a route that isn't completed...

Worse yet if a RT is booked on Southwest the remaining including the return will be cancelled on the first no-show.
Old Jan 3, 14, 2:37 am

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Choice and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by Justin026 View Post
Southwest T&C's no longer allow hidden city. They are also silent on the matter.

Search this Thread