Wiki Posts
Search

New A+ Rewards Chase Card credits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Post New A+ Rewards Chase Card credits

Hello

I am new to the forum but I've been reading a lot lately as I'm planning a trip on AirTran. I have already booked my flight but I recently received a pre-approval for the Chase rewards card for 32 A+ rewards points. It was "under review" at first but after calling the backdoor Chase number I was able to receive approval.

Now I was reading that many members have received their 32 credits after the billing period in which they fulfilled the $2000 requirement. My billing period ends on the 4th of every month- my trip is planned for mid January. What are the chances of it getting credited on 01/04/14 if I spend the $2000? I know it says 6-8 weeks, though.

Anyway I can negotiate my way with AirTran to have it "rushed" lol

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:25 am

People have generally reported that credits are posted a few days after closing. They have also reported that Chase will change the closing date if you ask.

Generally this is between you and Chase, not Airtran.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your quick reply. I've called Chase and they said 6-8 weeks after. I've read many people had their points posted after a few days. If not, is there anything someone can to do have them fast-forward the points disbursement? Will AirTran allow you to if you call them? Thanks again
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by heyvinny89
Thank you for your quick reply. I've called Chase and they said 6-8 weeks after. I've read many people had their points posted after a few days. If not, is there anything someone can to do have them fast-forward the points disbursement? Will AirTran allow you to if you call them? Thanks again
No, this can't be rushed. It's an automatic process. Usually, when your statement indicates you've exceeded the $2,000 spend requirement, the bonus credits will show up on it and it takes a few days from that time for Chase to send the credit information to AirTran. I don't know why they claim it takes 6-8 weeks when it's a lot faster.

I don't know why you're in such a rush to get those credits when you have an already paid for trip for mid-January. Are you looking to use credits to upgrade to Business class? I don't think that's a good redemption strategy. BC upgrades are usually pretty cheap - I think it's something like $69 per segment, so I wouldn't use 4 credits to save $69.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 1:34 pm

I am now dealing with this and I was confused as well.

I met the $2000 spending requirement during my last cycle, which was 11/19-12/18. The "Rewards Dollars" for the $2000+ spent showed up in my Rewards History on the Chase site on 12/19, however I still haven't received the credits in my AirTran account. Called Chase today and they informed me that the credits would post on 1/18/14, i.e., the end of the next cycle. The rep told me that was standard practice and there is no way to accelerate it. She also restated the 6-8 week timeline -- I guess they mean it could be 6-8 weeks from the time the spending takes place? I crossed the spending threshold on 12/10/13 so that will be almost 6 weeks for me between spending the money and receiving the credits.

I'm hoping to use these for a trip to Punta Cana in February so this is going to be cutting it close.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:48 am

You might want to check avail I ility of your flights. Often resort destination a are sold out far in advance.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:36 am

Thanks for the advice. I'm checking on a daily basis - so far, plenty of availability but still a long ways from the 18th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.