Wiki Posts
Search

Known Traveler #

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Known Traveler #

WN now participates in preCheck and has a field on the WN website to enter your known traveler ID # (although I'm having trouble getting the system to accept it, but that is another post, for the WN forum).

Does FL have anywhere on their website to enter known traveler ID#?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:42 pm

I emailed Airtran today and asked if Airtran was participating in the TSA Pre-Check. I got this response:

At this time, no. Southwest is trying the program out to see how it works with our system and how we can implement it to all of our customers. Because of the continued merger and integration between AirTran and Southwest, there are no plans for this service to be offered to AirTran booked flights.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 12:33 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Un. Real. This merger gets more ridiculous by the day. WN continuing to make FL's loyal passengers as miserable as possible in an attempt to sway them to the dark side. Ah well. Just another reason to continue migrating to Delta.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

That's exactly what I was thinking, Meliss... They probably want to diminish Airtran, so they don't add the service. Ridiculous. This is not going to sway me. I will not travel with WN anymore than I have to - and only when unavoidable.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
At this time, no. Southwest is trying the program out to see how it works with our system and how we can implement it to all of our customers. Because of the continued merger and integration between AirTran and Southwest, there are no plans for this service to be offered to AirTran booked flights.
Southwest declaring they're "trying the system out to see how it works in our system" should infuriate WN loyalists.

They want the full monty, not a halfass test run.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 4:52 pm

I take this as PR speak, possibly meant to soften the news for Airtran loyalists.

Based on info in the Southwest forum Southwest is rolling it out to most if not all A-List Preferred and has a mechanism for putting the trusted flyer number into other accounts. Since it won't start until November 13 no one knows how well it will work.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:30 am

I take this as PR speak, possibly meant to soften the news for Airtran loyalists.

Based on info in the Southwest forum Southwest is rolling it out to most if not all A-List Preferred and has a mechanism for putting the trusted flyer number into other accounts. Since it won't start until November 13 no one knows how well it will work.
Similar to how it was rolled out on other airlines, not all TSA Pre✓ eligible pax will be in the first sweep. First iteration will also only be at terminals that allow electronic boarding passes. Basically, 50 something criteria broken up into 7 categories TSA uses and the first sweep is the most restrictive.

"Trying out the system to see how it works" sounds less systematic.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 12:28 pm

First iteration will also only be at terminals that allow electronic boarding passes.
As far as I know Southwest does not do electronic boarding passes, only paper. However TSA seems to be rolling out pre-check to a large number of new airports just now, so maybe that won't apply in this case.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:31 pm

Terminals that allow mobile boarding passes, not airlines. PreCheck alert works on paper and electronic.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
While I appreciate that integrating two large operations takes some doing, the WN-FL combination makes a mockery of the process. FL customers are giant losers because WN won't spend a nickel on systems which are being eliminated soon enough (but not soon enough).
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by LegalTender
Terminals that allow mobile boarding passes, not airlines. PreCheck alert works on paper and electronic.
I imagine adding the capability to scan the Boarding Passes is part of opening the new Pre-check lanes at any airport/terminal.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:58 pm

I imagine adding the capability to scan the Boarding Passes is part of opening the new Pre-check lanes at any airport/terminal.
And since some participating airlines supply both mobile and paper boarding passes, matching TSA Pre✓ technology, I'm told, is mandated at all new portals.

Including ones serving WN, exclusively.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by Often1
While I appreciate that integrating two large operations takes some doing, the WN-FL combination makes a mockery of the process. FL customers are giant losers because WN won't spend a nickel on systems which are being eliminated soon enough (but not soon enough).
Um actually IMO WN has spent gobs of money to make their system work with FL and now Pre-check. And their system will likely be gone at the same time or possibly sooner than the FL one. It's all going to be new at some point at a huge cost of implementation and training.

Book on WN even for a FL flight... I can see the no bag fee advantages for most but unfortunately FL Elites will be facing a much different system to achieve and maintain status.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:08 pm

Um actually IMO WN has spent gobs of money to make their system work with FL and now Pre-check. And their system will likely be gone at the same time or possibly sooner than the FL one. It's all going to be new at some point at a huge cost of implementation and training.
I hate to disagree but Southwest in pursuit of profit (and bonuses for upper management) has failed to make the investment necessary to keep their technology current.

TSA pre-check has been out there for a long time. The Personal Electronic Device change has been out there for a long time. Southwest chose to ignore them.

Southwest chose to purchase Airtran and incur the costs of dismantling a profitable competitor, while learning nothing from their sucess. They cannot now use that expense as an excuse for failing to perform.

Southwest has chosen to spend money to cram 6 more seats into an already cramped cabin.

Southwest has chosen to remain static to pursue profit over expansion.

Southwest has chosen to repurchase stock over investing in operations.

Southwest cannot now claim to be the victim of their own choices.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Nov 15, 2013 at 6:28 am
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
I played dumb and emailed Air Tran to ask where I could enter my Known Traveler number in their system now that Southwest has agreed to participate and they are, after all, one big, happy family now.
This is the generic cut-and-paste response I received:

Unfortunately, at this time, AirTran Airways does not participate in the TSA Pre-Check Trusted Traveler/Global Entry program. I would recommend checking www.tsa.gov periodically to see if their program has been expanded to include AirTran Airways. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.