Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Frustrated with Website Failure and Elite Dept Inexplicably closed

Old Aug 21, 13, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Emerald Exec.

Very frustrated with the difficulty of reaching Airtran. I'm trying to transfer credits and book flights, but the Elite phone line was down at 9 pm ET (even though the voice mail message says the dept is open until midnight). I've tried to transfer the credits myself using the website, but after I enter a bunch of data the site hangs and I get a "null reference" message.

I'm left with an inability to take advantage of an Elite benefit on the website and no ability to reach a human being to address it.
Old Aug 22, 13, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Emerald Exec.
Unhappy A+ Phone Line says office closed during normal business hours

At both 9 pm last night and 730 am ET today, the Elite, A2B, A+ and general phone lines all gave me a message to call back during normal office hours of 7 am to midnight.

Note to Airtran and WN: You can't sell tickets if the website doesn't work and you don't answer the phone.
Old Aug 22, 13, 12:15 pm

I was just now able to transfer A+ Credits to RR Awards. Worked as expected, but a little slow.
Old Aug 22, 13, 10:17 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
EWR - I had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago. Called the Elite line just before 11:30 p.m. EST and got the message about operating hours being until midnight EST and then was disconnected.

I also sent in a complaint regarding a recent issue with upgrades on the customer service page a week ago and haven't received anything resembling a response (aside from the auto-generated "We've received your email" message when it was sent).

Ace customer service to be sure. It's beyond sad to see how this airline is disintegrating and SWA isn't picking up any pieces to ensure a smooth transition.
Old Aug 24, 13, 2:34 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
Did you all try calling the regular A+ rewards number? They can do the same thing as the Elite reps.
Old Aug 25, 13, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by saneman View Post
Did you all try calling the regular A+ rewards number? They can do the same thing as the Elite reps.
These days I think they ARE the same thing as the Elite reps.
Old Aug 25, 13, 3:25 pm

I'm pretty sure the Elite line just goes to the "Special Services" desk now. Basically just an agent with a little more power than a normal res agent. Need a ticket reissued??? One less transfer for you...

Search this Thread