Airtran Business Class Upgrade Vouchers

Old Jun 18, 13, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Airtran Business Class Upgrade Vouchers

Hey all,

After learning all about airline miles and card churning by visiting this website back in 2011, I finally pulled the trigger and signed up for the Chase Airtran A+ 32 credit promotion with two free business class upgrade vouchers!

I remember the fine print saying something along the lines of: "Your vouchers for business class upgrades will be emailed to you xx weeks after the posting of your first purchase." Does anyone remember roughly how long it took to get yours? I've got a vacation coming up soon and was hoping these would show up before then. I received the card on 6/8 and used it that day for the first purchase.

Also, I should hit the $2,000 spend requirement within the next week or so. Do I have to wait to full three months to get the 32 credits? Or will they come with my first statement if I meet the spend right away?

Any advice is appreciated. I just want to understand the timeline of things so I can plan accordingly and know what to expect.

Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 13, 7:51 am

I saw my 32 credits in first billing cycle, 2 vouchers emailed after two months.
Old Jun 19, 13, 7:20 pm

My vouchers were e-mailed to me about 4 weeks. The 32 credits was immediately after the billing cycle ended in which I spent $2k.

Last edited by Calipso; Jun 20, 13 at 2:27 pm Reason: grammar
Old Jun 19, 13, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both for your answers!
Old Jul 29, 13, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT, Bonvoy PLT +, Hilton Diamond
Just like the OP, I got the Airtrain card, how easy is it to use the biz class certs? ALso can the Airtrain credits be moved to the WN program?
Old Jul 29, 13, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Executive PLT, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Avis First, Hertz
Originally Posted by FlightNurse View Post
Just like the OP, I got the Airtrain card, how easy is it to use the biz class certs? ALso can the Airtrain credits be moved to the WN program?
Yes the AirTran credits can be switched to WN but they turn into the old SOuthwest 1.0 credits I believe, not the new points/miles system they use.

As far as business upgrades. I have not used mine yet but from my understand of what others have told me, they can be used on award flights and purchased flights. You just have to call 24 hours before flight to request them. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old Jul 29, 13, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LowRoller View Post
Yes the AirTran credits can be switched to WN but they turn into the old SOuthwest 1.0 credits I believe, not the new points/miles system they use.

As far as business upgrades. I have not used mine yet but from my understand of what others have told me, they can be used on award flights and purchased flights. You just have to call 24 hours before flight to request them. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
Interesting that they can used for award flights too..
Old Jul 30, 13, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Executive PLT, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Avis First, Hertz
Originally Posted by FlightNurse View Post
Interesting that they can used for award flights too..
Thats what I was originally told when I applied.
Old Jul 30, 13, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LowRoller View Post
Thats what I was originally told when I applied.
This is good! have no real reason to fly Airtran but the two free RT and free upgrade is nice.
Old Jan 21, 14, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Anyone have an extra AirTran Biz Upgrade?

Hello All,

I recently flew DEN to CUN in biz, so I didn't need my two upgrades. I gifted my two upgrades to my brother and his wife who are now attending a wedding in Playa del Carmen. They don't fly much so this is a real treat.

Does anyone have an unused or expiring AirTran upgrade for my brother's mother-in-law?

This is a shot in the dark since they fly tomorrow but I thought I'd try.

Thanks everyone,
Trevor
www.trevorwright.co

Search this Thread