FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards-441/)
-   -   Airtran Business Class Upgrade Vouchers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards/1477269-airtran-business-class-upgrade-vouchers.html)

CivicDriver Jun 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Airtran Business Class Upgrade Vouchers

Hey all,

After learning all about airline miles and card churning by visiting this website back in 2011, I finally pulled the trigger and signed up for the Chase Airtran A+ 32 credit promotion with two free business class upgrade vouchers!

I remember the fine print saying something along the lines of: "Your vouchers for business class upgrades will be emailed to you xx weeks after the posting of your first purchase." Does anyone remember roughly how long it took to get yours? I've got a vacation coming up soon and was hoping these would show up before then. I received the card on 6/8 and used it that day for the first purchase.

Also, I should hit the $2,000 spend requirement within the next week or so. Do I have to wait to full three months to get the 32 credits? Or will they come with my first statement if I meet the spend right away?

Any advice is appreciated. I just want to understand the timeline of things so I can plan accordingly and know what to expect.

Thanks!

Eaton Jun 19, 2013 7:51 am

I saw my 32 credits in first billing cycle, 2 vouchers emailed after two months.

Calipso Jun 19, 2013 7:20 pm

My vouchers were e-mailed to me about 4 weeks. The 32 credits was immediately after the billing cycle ended in which I spent $2k.

CivicDriver Jun 19, 2013 10:22 pm

Thanks both for your answers!

FlightNurse Jul 29, 2013 3:07 am

Just like the OP, I got the Airtrain card, how easy is it to use the biz class certs? ALso can the Airtrain credits be moved to the WN program?

LowRoller Jul 29, 2013 7:10 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 21174930)
Just like the OP, I got the Airtrain card, how easy is it to use the biz class certs? ALso can the Airtrain credits be moved to the WN program?

Yes the AirTran credits can be switched to WN but they turn into the old SOuthwest 1.0 credits I believe, not the new points/miles system they use.

As far as business upgrades. I have not used mine yet but from my understand of what others have told me, they can be used on award flights and purchased flights. You just have to call 24 hours before flight to request them. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

FlightNurse Jul 29, 2013 9:45 am

Originally Posted by LowRoller (Post 21175544)
Yes the AirTran credits can be switched to WN but they turn into the old SOuthwest 1.0 credits I believe, not the new points/miles system they use.

As far as business upgrades. I have not used mine yet but from my understand of what others have told me, they can be used on award flights and purchased flights. You just have to call 24 hours before flight to request them. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Interesting that they can used for award flights too..

LowRoller Jul 30, 2013 7:21 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 21176336)
Interesting that they can used for award flights too..

Thats what I was originally told when I applied.

FlightNurse Jul 30, 2013 7:24 am

Originally Posted by LowRoller (Post 21182081)
Thats what I was originally told when I applied.

This is good! have no real reason to fly Airtran but the two free RT and free upgrade is nice.

standing_baba Jan 21, 2014 1:51 pm

Anyone have an extra AirTran Biz Upgrade?

Hello All,

I recently flew DEN to CUN in biz, so I didn't need my two upgrades. I gifted my two upgrades to my brother and his wife who are now attending a wedding in Playa del Carmen. They don't fly much so this is a real treat.

Does anyone have an unused or expiring AirTran upgrade for my brother's mother-in-law?

This is a shot in the dark since they fly tomorrow but I thought I'd try.

Thanks everyone,
Trevor
www.trevorwright.co