Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

seat assignmnent change prior to getting to the airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN RR, UA M+, Hilton, Marriott

I'm A list on Southwest and booked an itn through southwest.com that includes an Airtran segment. I was not offered a chance to select seats on the airtran segment (that I noticed). When I logged in to check in online today, I notice that I'm assigned a middle seat. I tried to see if I could change my seat assignment online (no luck) and called both Airtran and then Southwest who both told me that no changes could be made until I go to the airport. I of course have my PNR and my southwest RR #, but I don't have an airtran FF acct. Is there any other way to change my seat before I get to the airport?
Old May 21, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
No.

Not only that, but you cannot upgrade to BC without upgrading to Southwest BS - probably at a cost of several hundred dollars, regardless of your Airtran status or your Southwest status and regardless of how empty BC is on your flight.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...t-website.html

Just 1 more example of how Southwest has totally and completely botched this merger.
Old May 21, 2013, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by COS_Flyer
I'm A list on Southwest and booked an itn through southwest.com that includes an Airtran segment. I was not offered a chance to select seats on the airtran segment (that I noticed). When I logged in to check in online today, I notice that I'm assigned a middle seat. I tried to see if I could change my seat assignment online (no luck) and called both Airtran and then Southwest who both told me that no changes could be made until I go to the airport. I of course have my PNR and my southwest RR #, but I don't have an airtran FF acct. Is there any other way to change my seat before I get to the airport?
Try AirTran's elite line at 866-508-6444. No need to plug in a number at the prompt, just hold for the re-direct.

If there's remaining inventory of aisle/window seating - which appears unlikley - they might cut you some slack.
Old May 21, 2013, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LegalTender
Try AirTran's elite line at 866-508-6444. No need to plug in a number at the prompt, just hold for the re-direct.

If there's remaining inventory of aisle/window seating - which appears unlikley - they might cut you some slack.
Thanks for the suggestion. I called and was still told I can only request a change at the airport. I guess I can endure a middle seat in coach tomorrow for a few hours.
Old May 21, 2013, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by COS_Flyer
Thanks for the suggestion. I called and was still told I can only request a change at the airport. I guess I can endure a middle seat in coach tomorrow for a few hours.
If your originating flight departs from an airport which has AirTran flights, ask a GA there for a different seat. Of course, you can also ask for a seat change at your connecting airport. Even if Coach is filled, there is always the chance that a number of Coach seats will be vacated, prior to departure, by Elite or paid upgrades to BC. Unfortunately, the seat change can only be made at the airport/by AirTran.
Old May 23, 2013, 9:13 am
Original Poster

A happy ending...

So I managed to get to the airport early enough that I was able to request a seat change and was assigned a window a couple of rows behind the exit row. The agent at the ticket counter thought there was a chance that as I am list on Southwest, I might be eligible for an upgrade. That didn't turn out to be the case, but I was just glad NOT to be assigned the middle seat.

Last edited by COS_Flyer; May 25, 2013 at 11:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.