Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

How to manage multiple Priority Pass memberships?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to manage multiple Priority Pass memberships?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2021, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Question How to manage multiple Priority Pass memberships?

What's the best way to manage Priority Pass if you have both Amex Platinum and Chase Sapphire Reserve?

I believe the Chase Sapphire Reserve version of Priority Pass is considered superior, as it provides restaurant credits that the Amex Platinum version does not provide.

Does that mean it makes sense to just ignore my Amex Platinum Priority Pass account and solely use my Chase Sapphire Priority Pass account?

Or is there a better way to go about this? For example, is it possible to merge both into one single Priority Pass account?
Old May 29, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by alexcr
What's the best way to manage Priority Pass if you have both Amex Platinum and Chase Sapphire Reserve?

I believe the Chase Sapphire Reserve version of Priority Pass is considered superior, as it provides restaurant credits that the Amex Platinum version does not provide.

Does that mean it makes sense to just ignore my Amex Platinum Priority Pass account and solely use my Chase Sapphire Priority Pass account?

Or is there a better way to go about this? For example, is it possible to merge both into one single Priority Pass account?
Just make a mark or write the issuer on one of them to know which is which...
Old May 29, 2021, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moe8555
Just make a mark or write the issuer on one of them to know which is which...
But is there any reason to carry around both?
Old May 29, 2021, 12:01 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
.... is it possible to merge both into one single Priority Pass account?
No. Each membership is separate, and only one membership can be used per lounge visit.

But is there any reason to carry around both?
Have you installed the Priority Pass app on your phone, and enabled the virtual card feature for one of the memberships?
Old May 29, 2021, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Have you installed the Priority Pass app on your phone, and enabled the virtual card feature for one of the memberships?
Not yet. What's the advantage of doing this? Does it just mean that you don't have to carry around your physical card with you?
Old May 29, 2021, 3:47 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Priority Pass says: The vast majority of our 1300+ lounges accept the Priority Pass Digital Membership Card (you can check this information on the lounge pages in our app and mobile website, which we try to keep as up-to-date as possible). To avoid disappointment, we recommend that you also carry your physical card with you when you travel.

You could carry the Chase sponsored physical membership card to use at restaurants, and install the American Express sponsored virtual membership in the app.

Read more here:
https://prioritypass.com/en/help/faq
alexcr likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 12:22 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
I have two carry-ons I use for different types of trips, so I just keep one card in each so I don't need to remember to pack it
mia and shdflyer like this.
Old May 30, 2021, 1:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve

Pretty much, yeah.
Old May 30, 2021, 2:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I am in the same boat. I activated both memberships. I only use the Chase Priority Pass membership. My thought in keeping the Amex membership active (with the card sock drawered and utilizing a seperate online login) is just in case Chase decided to devalue/remove the benefit I wouldn't have to wait the 2 weeks to activate it through Amex.
alexcr likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 2:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I’m confused. What is there to manage?
Old May 30, 2021, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As far as differentiating them, don't the Chase-sponsored priority pass cards have more digits in the card number?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:18 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I have both the Amex Plat and the Chase Sapphire Reserve PP memberships. I loaded the app for the CSR on my phone, because it has better benefits. Since you can't upload two apps (or at least I haven't figured out how to) I carry the Amex PP physical card in my carryon luggage, for the "just in case" situations, but so far there's never been a reason to pull it out. With the restrictions coming up on the Amex Plat PP guesting, my long term plan is to keep the CSR.

It's such a pain to have to manage the virtually identical PP cards. It would be nice if they would identify the issuer in some way on the card itself, since the benefits are so varied.
SanDiego1K and alexcr like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:45 am
mia

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I....With the restrictions coming up on the Amex Plat PP guesting....
I am not aware of any changes to American Express Priority Pass guest rules, only to Centurion Lounge guest access.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:18 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by mia
I am not aware of any changes to American Express Priority Pass guest rules, only to Centurion Lounge guest access.
You're right, I meant to say Centurion Lounge, not PP.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I use a red Sharpie to write "Chase" and "Amex" on the fronts of both cards. I use the Chase for restaurants and the rare occasion when I have guests. I use the Amex for when using lounges by myself. Figure I'm less likely to be flagged as being abusive by either with that strategy.

I also have my own airport rituals (e.g. order togo lunch at Yankee Clipper (Chase), then get breakfast at the Centurion (Amex), pick up at YC, then head to the SFO UC closest to my gate (United) unless it is an evening flight and I have time then get free beer at the Giants Clubhouse (Chase) etc.)

Sometimes I wonder how granular the data looks: does Chase know that I went to two PP establishments on the same day at SFO, or that their customers used 2,000 visits in a month at SFO, and I used seven globally etc? Amex sure knows how many times I visit Centurion lounges, what class of air service, destination, airline and time. Wonder if someone who, say, spends $12k/year on their Plat, but has weekly UA J flights SFO-JFK is more likely to get a Centurion invite vs someone who spends $24k/year on their Plat, with weekly OAK-RNO laps on WN.
EqualOpp and alexcr like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.