Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

How to manage multiple Priority Pass memberships?

How to manage multiple Priority Pass memberships?

Old Nov 1, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Taj Gold, Shangri-La Jade
Sorry to revive an old thread but Iím having hard time with multiple PPs and need help understanding which is which.
Few years back I had CSR, Citi Prestige and Amex plat. All three came with PP. I never used the Amex one however did use CSR version and Prestige version depending on who I flew with.
I thought I had the CSR version as digital and Prestige version carried in wallet.

i canceled the Amex Platinum in 2019.
I product changed the Citi Prestige to Rewards+ in 2020 once I was hit with increased AF.
i product changed the CSR this past month to CFU.

I was just checking something and I saw the Digital PP now updated with new membership date as Dec 1st 2021 - Nov 30th 2024.

now I have no clue why it would renew and if itís even from Chase( CSR residual? ) also why Dec2021-Nov2024 dates?

Also which version of PP is issued for 3 years?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Taj Gold, Shangri-La Jade
Bump! Any pointers is appreciated.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:49 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by lon3volf
....why Dec2021-Nov2024 dates?
The dates do not matter. If you cancel or downgrade the sponsoring credit card the membership is invalid.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by mia
The dates do not matter. If you cancel or downgrade the sponsoring credit card the membership is invalid.
Thank you Mia.
would you say that PP will update the membership card in its app stating itís invalid?
or some email notification perhaps?

also do you know if chase typically sends out PP card with 3 years validity?

only concern I have is, do I remove the digital card from account and a new one from Amex? Or should I just create a new account altogether?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:49 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Each Priority Pass membership requires a separate account if you want to manage it online. You cannot replace one membership with another and use the same Username.

Last edited by mia; Nov 4, 2021 at 8:05 am
Old Nov 4, 2021, 8:54 am

Mia is correct - you would have multiple logins.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by pstm91
Mia is correct - you would have multiple logins.
Originally Posted by mia
Each Priority Pass membership requires a separate account if you want to manage it online. You cannot replace one membership with another and use the same Username.
thanks a ton! Iíll create a bunch. I have few more PP from Indian Citi Prestige and Indian American Plat charge and few others. Lol.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, Asia Miles
Now I have the same problem after my Capital One Venture X is approved. I have PP benefits from CSR already.
Since I cannot use the same email for both PP accounts, I need to create another email just for registering PP from Capital One
I wish PP comes up with a way to overcome this. Simple, let multiple accounts associated with a single email and choose which one you want to use when presenting it to PP front desk.
SanDiego1K and willoL like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:08 am
mia

You can use the same email address, but you need to create a different Username for each Priority Pass account.
SPN Lifer, dmclone and teltehdog like this.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA, SPG, Amtrak
I added both the CSR and the Amex plat priority passes to my apple wallet. Now both are easily accessible from there.

I added Amex from the PP app, but I was able to add the CSR right from the chase app. The CSR PP pass should also just be available from the Chase app anytime without adding to the wallet, but it was a bit of a click maze to find it. Goto Benefits at the bottom, then select the CSR card, then More, then airport lounges, then see digital membership card. Then save the thing to your apple wallet so you don't have to do that again.
willoL likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
You can save each QR code separately in Google Wallet, with identification for each. I presume Apple Wallet is similar.

Old Feb 25, 2024, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I read this thread, I’m even more confused than I was before I read it. In addition to being relatively inexperienced with mobile apps and wallets, my confusion is related to having multiple cards which offer PP, specifically multiple (targeted NLL) AmEx Biz Plats and that AFAICT each PP membership via an AmEx Biz Plat allows only 1 free Chase Sapphire Lounge (CSL) visit per year.

Does each Biz Plat account have an associated separate (discrete) PP account? Can more than one PP account be added to the PP app? How are multiple different PP accounts loaded to Apple Wallet? How long after closing a credit card on which PP membership is based does the PP membership terminate?

Is the 1 CSL visit per year by person and/or lounge and/or PP membership account? In other words having used the annual free entry to BOS CSL can the same person use the same PP membership to get into LGA CSL once for free in the same year?

My situation: PP membership loaded to PP mobile app (now stating expired) and Apple Wallet (expiration date October 2024) via Hilton Aspire card for many years notified several months ago that Aspire PP benefit would be terminated this month. 3 or 4 open AmEx Biz Plats with PP benefit/membership that has never been activated or used, still have a couple of unopened PP envelopes from similar time as AmEx Biz Plat approvals. Fly most commonly from LGA where a CSL recently opened. Had a diversion to BOS 6 weeks ago and (thinking I wouldn’t need it anymore and forgetting that LGA CSL was about to open) used my Hilton Aspire benefit PP account to visit BOS CSL for 10 minutes.

Having visited BOS CSL in January using Aspire PP membership, can I use an AmEx Biz Plat PP membership and get into BOS CSL for free once again this year? Can I get into LGA CSL for free once this year using the same AmEx Biz Plat PP membership? Can I get into each CSL or only 1 CSL for free once per year per each AmEx Biz Plat PP membership?

This seems more complicated than the frequently changing ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Lift Support) algorithms that I endured/memorized until they became reflexive for my entire medical career. Thanks very much for any greatly appreciated education.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 12:36 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Does each Biz Plat account have an associated separate (discrete) PP account?
Yes. Each Priority Pass membership requires a separate Username at prioritypass.com. The Priority Pass app can access only one membership, but you can logout of the app and then login with a different Username. (It is not necessary to create an account at prioritypass.com to use the physical card, rather than an app.)

How long after closing a credit card on which PP membership is based does the PP membership terminate?
It depends how promptly the card issuer notifies Priority Pass, but it often seems to happen within a few days. The be clear, the expiration date embossed on the card is not relevant.

The Priority Pass terms for visiting Chase lounges are imprecise non-Chase Priority Pass Members will be able to use one visit entitlement per calendar year across the Chase Sapphire Lounge by The Club network in the United States. The word Members could be read to mean that each person can enter once per year, but I expect that their system will track visits by Membership. The only way we will know is when you try and report the outcome.
SPN Lifer and Dr Jabadski like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Yes. Each Priority Pass membership requires a separate Username at prioritypass.com. The Priority Pass app can access only one membership, but you can logout of the app and then login with a different Username. (It is not necessary to create an account at prioritypass.com to use the physical card, rather than an app.)<snip>
Your answer is, of course, correct. That said, I simply can't resist chiming in that in this day and age, this requirement from PP to create multiple online accounts for every different PP one acquires over the years, from numerous, different credit cards, is just utterly and completely ridiculous. They really should be embarrassed.

Imagine if Amex/Chase/Citi required you to create a separate online account, with distinct username/password combinations for each different credit card you held.

Regards
SPN Lifer and Dr Jabadski like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Imagine if Amex/Chase/Citi required you to create a separate online account, with distinct username/password combinations for each different credit card you held.

Regards

Citi does require separate accounts for the retail cards like Best Buy Visa.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.