Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silence from Priority Pass...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Silence from Priority Pass...

Sorry, but I'm not sure which forum to post in? Move it to where it needs to be if necessary?

Does anybody else find it strange that Priority Pass haven't made any communication with members? I have the top unlimited membership. I've just been laid off work for at least 2 months on unpaid leave and there are travel restrictions everywhere meaning I can't fly and I will be unable to use my Priority Pass for the foreseeable future. When I flew yesterday for the last time for a while, the lounge wasn't even open to use it because of recommendations for business to implement social distancing restrictions. I'm sure millions of people must be in the same boat having paid up front for membership. Yet nothing whatsoever from Priority Pass. I would at least have expected them to freeze everyone's memberships or extend our memberships free of charge to encourage our loyalty at such a difficult time. I work in travel so I might not even have a job to go to in 3 months and I'm sure lots of people are in the same situation so it would be kinda nice if they could do this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Sorry to hear about your situation, but PP is in the same position as the rest of the travel industry...

This probably belongs in the Airport Lounges forum.
mtofell likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Priority Pass does have a Covid-19 notice on their website. I would not expect any membership extension or similar offer this early. We all need more information.

Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 1:49 pm

The bigger concern should be will PP survive the pandemic or not? If they don't, the extension of membership privileges become moot.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 2:27 pm
mia

Originally Posted by AltaBound
The bigger concern should be will PP survive the pandemic
Priority Pass is a subsidiary of an insurance company. Another subsidiary operates a few dozen lounges, but all the other lounges simply have contracts with Priority Pass to monetize surplus capacity. I would expect some lounges to fail, but Priority Pass itself would seem to gave very limited financial exposure.

Are the lounges actually run by Priority Pass?
No – lounges in the Priority Pass program are managed by third party suppliers including airport authorities, ground handling agents and airlines.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/member-support/faq
Old Mar 22, 2020, 2:55 pm

Thanks for the info!
Old Apr 10, 2020, 1:39 am
Original Poster

As a a follow up, I called to ask for a suspension/extension of my membership as there are next to no flights from the UK and I couldn't travel even if I wanted to. I was told they are doing it on a case by case basis and to wait for an email. That email has now arrived saying memberships will continue as per the terms and conditions and there will be no extensions.

Sorry but this is not the way to treat loyal customers. My membership is up for renewal in June. I certainly will not be renewing with Priority Pass.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:22 pm
mia

Originally Posted by saintby
....told they are doing it on a case by case basis.... email has now arrived saying memberships will continue as per the terms and conditions and there will be no extensions..
Did the email appear to be a reply to your individual inquiry -or- a form email sent to a large number of paid members?
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:38 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
communication expectations

Communication has never been PP's priority. I recall getting 1-2 messages/year about new locations in places I am not going to visit.
I also would not expect an extension. That is one of the downsides of lounge access independent of an airline.
In my case, I dumped my AMEX Plat card access when MC issued a card with PP access.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Communication has never been PP's priority. I recall getting 1-2 messages/year about new locations in places I am not going to visit.
I also would not expect an extension. That is one of the downsides of lounge access independent of an airline.
In my case, I dumped my AMEX Plat card access when MC issued a card with PP access.
Well good news... I've just received an email saying my membership has been extended by 3 months.
mia, Ford Fairlane and Beano like this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question which is it ?

Does anybody else find it strange that Priority Pass haven't made any communication with members? I have the top unlimited membership.
Wait, one minute you complained about the fact you have not heard from PP. Now you are crowing about the fact you did hear from them ? Which is it ??
supervillian and mtofell like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 14, 2020 at 11:15 am Reason: Repair quotation frame
Old Apr 12, 2020, 1:43 pm
mia

Which is it ??
Both, I understood that saintby received two letters, a few days apart.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Does anybody else find it strange that Priority Pass haven't made any communication with members? I have the top unlimited membership.
Wait, one minute you complained about the fact you have not heard from PP. Now you are crowing about the fact you did hear from them ? Which is it ??
Just look at the dates of the comments. It's really not difficult to understand.

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 14, 2020 at 11:16 am Reason: Repair quotation frames
Old Apr 14, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Yep - I got an email - 3 months extension. But not yet refelected on my membership account
Old Apr 16, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by davistev
Yep - I got an email - 3 months extension. But not yet refelected on my membership account
The only problem with this "solution" is that it expects people to have returned to normal traveling in 3 months and beyond.

From all appearances, that is highly unlikely. I would anticipate that travel is going to be severely impacted for the rest of the year.

Is PP going to do rolling 3 month extensions??

There is nothing like adding a little more anticipatory suspense into our already anxiety laden travel experiences

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.