Silence from Priority Pass...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silence from Priority Pass...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: Air Canada Silver
Has anyone heard how this will affect new memberships, which are being provided through partner programs?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 11:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by vikram.bhatia
.... provided through partner programs?
Typically, memberships provided by credit card issuers terminate if the card account is closed. I do not see that changing. Nor do I see card issuers delaying annual fee renewal dates because of benefits. However, you may be able to negotiate a fee reduction or rewards bonus by mentioning unusable benefits.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: Air Canada Silver
Great, thank you for the reply. I had a membership through a (non-credit card) partner program, and recently switched to a new program and am awaiting the new membership in the mail. That's helpful!
Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
Odd, neither Mr Ratsy nor I have received an email from PP. However, upon checking, we found my membership has been extended but his hasn't (we originally had the same dates). He's sent an email to nudge PP to extend his account. Thanks saintby, for starting this thread!
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:37 pm

I have a priority pass from Chase Reserve card.
On my Digital membership card is hos that my membership is from Nov-2019 to Nov 2022. That is two full years! was mine membership extended? or is CHASE priority pass good for two years?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by ewacky
I have a priority pass from Chase Reserve card.
On my Digital membership card is hos that my membership is from Nov-2019 to Nov 2022. That is two full years! was mine membership extended? or is CHASE priority pass good for two years?
I don’t think so. If you cancel your Chase card I think you will quickly find that the PP card gets cancelled with it.
ewacky likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by dhuey
I don’t think so. If you cancel your Chase card I think you will quickly find that the PP card gets cancelled with it.
Chase can revise the benefits such as the reducing the number of guests allowed or eliminating PP altogether.
Old Apr 30, 2020, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by TGarza
Chase can revise the benefits such as the reducing the number of guests allowed or eliminating PP altogether.
Yes, so the PP card expiration date doesn't mean much. What matters is that you maintain the Chase SR card (or Amex Plat, etc.) account, and that issuer keeps offering the PP benefit.
Old May 1, 2020, 10:13 am

In regard to this, who is the real customer? In most cases, the Priority Pass is an agreement with a credit card company and that benefit is passed on to the credit card customer. I am guessing very few people actually pay for their own account. Any lack of benefit extension impacts the value of the credit card, not really that user's agreement with PP.
Old May 2, 2020, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by xooz
In regard to this, who is the real customer? In most cases, the Priority Pass is an agreement with a credit card company and that benefit is passed on to the credit card customer. I am guessing very few people actually pay for their own account. Any lack of benefit extension impacts the value of the credit card, not really that user's agreement with PP.
Lack of PP options diminishes the value of the CC which have a higher fee.
Beano likes this.
Old May 2, 2020, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by TGarza
Lack of PP options diminishes the value of the CC which have a higher fee.
Correct. My point is that Priority Pass modifications to its rules are just propping up the credit card values, not enhancing PP. So in the end their direct customer is in most cases a credit card company and changes in PP policy are best initiated by the card companies.
Old May 3, 2020, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by xooz
Correct. My point is that Priority Pass modifications to its rules are just propping up the credit card values, not enhancing PP. So in the end their direct customer is in most cases a credit card company and changes in PP policy are best initiated by the card companies.
The big unknown is the PP cost to the CC. Is is cost per CC fee or a per visit fee or a hybrid of the two? The restaurants receive less than the voucher amount based on some restaurant disclosures..
Old May 10, 2020, 5:29 am

Programs: QR Platinum (OW Emerald), SkyTeam Elite (ITA status match)
Priority Pass - no complimentary extensions of membership due to coronavirus?

Most airline FFPs have already extended expiry dates for their members status, but I have not received any communication from Priority Pass since the coronavirus outbreak. I even emailed them about it, but got no response. Does any of you know if they plan to extend memberships?
Old May 10, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: QR Platinum (OW Emerald), SkyTeam Elite (ITA status match)
Well, to answer my own question... just noticed a 3-month extension has already been applied to my membership without any notification.
Old May 11, 2020, 12:33 am
Vay

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat.
A lot people including myself get this benefit from our credit card. Doesn't this benefit go away when we cancel our cards? With that said, it would be more beneficial to us if the credit card that offers Prior Pass gives a fraction of the annual fee back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.