Centurion Lounge access in LAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge access in LAS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2020, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by dEagleS
The food in general is better than most SkyClubs.
​​​
Agree with this. Drinks seem to be a step up too. A couple years ago I used the conference room there for WebEx conference call. It worked well for that.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by El Boocho
I don’t use the lounge often, maybe twice a year, but my experience is that it is always busy, and not that well picked up. My experiences are generally mid week or Friday afternoon.
LAS is my home airport so im here a decent amount and I can't think of more than one or two occasions where I thought that the staff was behind on picking up.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msp3
“Guests” are *still* the cancer killing lounges everywhere (but esp domestic lounges)
Not really sure what you're saying here. What's the point of even having a lounge that doesn't admit guests?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kale73
Not really sure what you're saying here. What's the point of even having a lounge that doesn't admit guests?
I think the point he’s making is the +1s of club members are making the clubs overcrowded. At a place like LAS or MCO I would tend to agree.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by kale73
uhh, the I haven’t guested anyone in the past 300 or so visits I’ve made to various CLs and SCs. It provides a nice retreat for road warriors - it’s not supposed to be a family entertainment center. To hell with guests.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by A321neo
uhh, the I haven’t guested anyone in the past 300 or so visits I’ve made to various CLs and SCs. It provides a nice retreat for road warriors - it’s not supposed to be a family entertainment center. To hell with guests.
you're right. it's not supposed to be. but especially at LAS that's exactly what it is. I'm hard pressed to think of the times when I have seen a single traveler at the check in desk as opposed to groups of 3-5. Always small children. Always couples or more.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by gitismatt
you're right. it's not supposed to be. but especially at LAS that's exactly what it is. I'm hard pressed to think of the times when I have seen a single traveler at the check in desk as opposed to groups of 3-5. Always small children. Always couples or more.
Curious why you guys think that the lounge is meant for only business people on the road? Why is the a kids playroom in the lounge if that is the case? I do agree that the lounges are too crowded. A good way to limit this would be to limit the amount of times people visit the lounge. Why should a road warrior be able to visit the lounge 4 times a week with the same annual payment as a family using a lounge twice a year?
Old Feb 1, 2020, 10:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Curious why you guys think that the lounge is meant for only business people on the road? Why is the a kids playroom in the lounge if that is the case? I do agree that the lounges are too crowded. A good way to limit this would be to limit the amount of times people visit the lounge. Why should a road warrior be able to visit the lounge 4 times a week with the same annual payment as a family using a lounge twice a year?

Limiting the number of visits defeats the purpose of a membership. If the family wants access, everyone in the family should have a membership, perhaps save for a few day passes.
MSPeconomist and msp3 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: AA EXP
Limiting the number of visits defeats the purpose of a membership. If the family wants access, everyone in the family should have a membership, perhaps save for a few day passes.
The total amount of visits per card member is what matters for traffic at the lounges. Somebody who visits 100 times a year alone causes more traffic than a person that visits 5 times but brings 2 guests each time. They pay the same fee so why does the person alone have to benefit more? Would a limit of for example 40 visits per card member per year be all that bad?
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Curious why you guys think that the lounge is meant for only business people on the road?
It's just a total coincidence that the people who think this happen to be ... business people on the road
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:03 am

It's always amazing how many veteran road warriors brag about how they have dealt with every tough travel situation and will laugh at kettles who get stressed out and then throw a fit if they have to ... sit within 10 feet of another human in a lounge.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 9:02 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
The LAS CL has too much wasted space: (1)large table at the rear, (2)seats spaced too far apart (particularly near the windows).
Old Feb 2, 2020, 10:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nrr
The LAS CL has too much wasted space: (1)large table at the rear, (2)seats spaced too far apart (particularly near the windows).
At least they got rid of the pseudo beds that were in the back by that large table
Old Feb 2, 2020, 10:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nrr
I also think that secondary desk right after the check-in is also an enormous waste. It's never been staffed.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To hell with guests.
Curious. I assume that everyone who visits a lounge (other than staff, inspectors, contracted maintenance workers, on duty law enforcement, suppliers, etc.) is a “guest” of the lounge. It seems to me that you’re damning yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.