FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airport Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/)
-   -   Centurion Lounge access in LAS (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/2007109-centurion-lounge-access-las.html)

pfreet Feb 1, 2020 9:33 am

Centurion Lounge access in LAS

Delta PM with a Delta Reserve AMEX card. Travelling DAB-LAS on Delta twice this spring. I like to arrive really early for flights to lower my stress and get some work done. Delta does not have a Sky Club in LAS, and I want to consider using the Centurion Lounge which is a new benefit of the Delta Reserve card. I understand that I must also purchase the flight using an AMEX card to access the Centurion lounge. I apologize if this has already been addressed in the September Delta AMEX mega-thread.

For those of you who have been to the LAS Centurion club, is it easily accessible from the Delta gates at LAS? Is this club worth a visit? How crowded is it generally? Remember, the only other option is Chilis. Does the Centurion Lounge allow access upon arrival?

If the ticket is bought by my company, how would the lounge know who bought the ticket? Any creative options around this restriction? Thanks in advance for your help.

sfgiants13 Feb 1, 2020 10:08 am

It's in the D gates. They recently changed the rules that you can't access on arrival but can if it's a connection. It depends on when you go as far as how crowded. On Sunday forget it. The place is a zoo with a waitlist. On a Saturday not so much.

xliioper Feb 1, 2020 10:56 am

I don't think they care who purchased the ticket, but it does have to be purchased with an Amex card -- "The eligible flight must be booked on a U.S. issued American Express charge or credit Card." I believe they can look it up based on the ticket number to see if it was purchased with an Amex card (my Amex transactions for DL purchases list the DL ticket number in them).

El Boocho Feb 1, 2020 11:17 am

It’s not right next to the delta gates, but is not far out of the way. It’s one pier over from the delta gates near the top of the escalator when you come up off the train. I find it to be quite crowded anytime I’m there, but haven’t had the waitlist ordeal. I think it’s generally worth the crowd.

A321neo Feb 1, 2020 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper (Post 32020656)
I don't think they care who purchased the ticket, but it does have to be purchased with an Amex card -- "The eligible flight must be booked on a U.S. issued American Express charge or credit Card." I believe they can look it up based on the ticket number to see if it was purchased with an Amex card (my Amex transactions for DL purchases list the DL ticket number in them).

Is this new? I've *never* booked a flight with my AMEX Plat, but have accessed the C-lounge dozens of times using it.

tearex Feb 1, 2020 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by A321neo (Post 32020954)
Is this new? I've *never* booked a flight with my AMEX Plat, but have accessed the C-lounge dozens of times using it.

Regular AX Plat is not the same as AX DL Reserve. OP has the Reserve. AX Plat does not have this restriction.

pfreet Feb 1, 2020 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by A321neo (Post 32020954)

The Centurion Lounge is accessible starting today for Delta Reserve card holders. The rules are probably different from the rules for the Amex Platinum.

A321neo Feb 1, 2020 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by tearex (Post 32020965)
Regular AX Plat is not the same as AX DL Reserve. OP has the Reserve. AX Plat does not have this restriction.

Oh, thanks for clarifying. That's a stinky provision for the AX DL Reserve...

kaw753 Feb 1, 2020 12:44 pm

What if I bought flight on points and used my Delta Reserve to pay the taxes?

FYI, they totally redid and moved the Priority Pass lounge in Vegas. It is now very nice and over by the Delta gates in D. The Centurion lounge has better food, but the Priority Pass lounge is usually pretty empty when I fly out at about 2pm on weekdays.

gitismatt Feb 1, 2020 1:08 pm

you mentioned that you like to get to the airport early so you should know that they will not let you in more than three hours before your flight time. the lounge itself is nice, decently sized. it can get pretty crowded but it's never been bursting at the seams. it's about a 5-7 minute walk to the farthest DL gates.

sfgiants13 Feb 1, 2020 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by gitismatt (Post 32021116)
you mentioned that you like to get to the airport early so you should know that they will not let you in more than three hours before your flight time. the lounge itself is nice, decently sized. it can get pretty crowded but it's never been bursting at the seams. it's about a 5-7 minute walk to the farthest DL gates.

Eh one time it was a mess. Trash and plates everywhere, paper towels all over the bathroom, no empty seats, and the bar wasn't making any cocktails because they didn't have time. That was an extreme case but Sundays seem to be always packed for the most part.

msp3 Feb 1, 2020 4:45 pm

“Guests” are *still* the cancer killing lounges everywhere (but esp domestic lounges)

gitismatt Feb 1, 2020 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by sfgiants13 (Post 32021191)
Eh one time it was a mess. Trash and plates everywhere, paper towels all over the bathroom, no empty seats, and the bar wasn't making any cocktails because they didn't have time. That was an extreme case but Sundays seem to be always packed for the most part.

generally speaking this is not the norm. Its not the Centurion Closet at SEA

dEagleS Feb 1, 2020 5:18 pm

Last time I was at this lounge on an early Sunday afternoon it was full, and had a 20 min wait list. They took your phone number and texted you once a spot was open.

The food in general is better than most SkyClubs.

As others have mentioned, you cannot use as an arrival lounge, unless you have a connection. And you cannot arrive more than 3 hours ahead of time if departing from that airport.
​​​

El Boocho Feb 1, 2020 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by sfgiants13 (Post 32021191)

I don’t use the lounge often, maybe twice a year, but my experience is that it is always busy, and not that well picked up. My experiences are generally mid week or Friday afternoon.