Search

Priority Pass at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Priority Pass at LAX

Flying through LAX later this month, going from NZ flight to WN, so have to go from TBIT to Terminal 1.

Priority Pass site lists this for Terminal 1:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...7d-rock--brews

Anyone try them with a CSR PP? It's not listed among the $28 restaurant credit benefit in this thread.

Also anyone know if I would be able to access the KAL Lounge at TBIT after reclaiming my check-in suitcase but before going to Terminal 1 for my WN flight? Would I be exiting security for baggage claim and then have to try to re-enter security to get to the KAL Lounge? I may not even have the WN boarding pass yet unless I do online checkin and can show a barcode or something on my phone.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wco81
Flying through LAX ....
Please see this thread:

LAX - Priority Pass and other options
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:20 am

Also anyone know if I would be able to access the KAL Lounge at TBIT after reclaiming my check-in suitcase but before going to Terminal 1 for my WN flight?
I have done this. TSA at TBIT may say "hey you're in the wrong terminal" but just tell them you're heading to the lounge and they'll let you through with the WN digital boarding pass on your phone, or one you printed at home before leaving. Note that if you have any prohibited items in your checked bag you'll still have it with you at this point. Probably not worth going to T1 to check the bag and then back to TBIT to use the lounge and then back to T1 for your flight, but you could consider it with a long connection.

KAL lounge had no problem letting me in with PP + WN BP.

I walked from TBIT to T1 outside, it only takes a few minutes and is probably better than the bus unless you have luggage.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Thanks, it sounds like a lot of trouble so I'll probably go fo the Rocks and Brews restaurant in T1 which is suppose to give you $28 credit with PP. Though it will be near lunch time so maybe they will restrict PP members.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I see Barney's is no longer listed for T2 at LAX. I enjoyed being able to use the credit there.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I see Barney's is no longer listed for T2 at LAX. I enjoyed being able to use the credit there.
no longer participates in PP

Flying through LAX later this month, going from NZ flight to WN, so have to go from TBIT to Terminal 1.

Priority Pass site lists this for Terminal 1:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...7d-rock--brews

Anyone try them with a CSR PP? It's not listed among the $28 restaurant credit benefit in this thread.
Restaurants are not individually listed because they are included with all PP memberships except Amex.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
I've said before, with the AS lounge having the no-PP sign practically permanently out and the very limited VS and KE lounges hours, LAX is effectively a Priority Pass-less airport for most of the day. Listing lounges at LAX is deceiving marketing.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
I've said before, with the AS lounge having the no-PP sign practically permanently out and the very limited VS and KE lounges hours, LAX is effectively a Priority Pass-less airport for most of the day. Listing lounges at LAX is deceiving marketing.
If you discount AS as never available, VS is 5am - 10:45am and KE is 11am - 5pm meaning 5am - 5pm is basically covered.

Not sure what the deal is with AS but they are open till 11pm; it's possible they take down the no-PP sign in the evening hours?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
I'll say once again that the Alaska lounge at LAX is doing PP cardholders a favor when they deny entry. Lousy lounge.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by dhuey
I'll say once again that the Alaska lounge at LAX is doing PP cardholders a favor when they deny entry. Lousy lounge.
I haven't been in the LAX Alaska lounge since they cut their receprocity allowing Skyclub members access, but it used to be a decent lounge. When Delta was in t5/6 and they had that relationship, even if my flight was in T5, I would go to the Alaska lounge because it was less congested than the skyclub and I liked the offerings better. I also liked that the bartenders tips went to charity.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by threeoh
If you discount AS as never available, VS is 5am - 10:45am and KE is 11am - 5pm meaning 5am - 5pm is basically covered.

Not sure what the deal is with AS but they are open till 11pm; it's possible they take down the no-PP sign in the evening hours?
Through much of the year the KE lounge's hours they allow PP holders is only until 2 or 3pm. In Winter they're a little more generous as they match the lounge restrictions to KE departures (10:50am and 10:40pm). I've been to the AS lounge at about 8pm in February with an AS BP and the no-PP sign was displayed outside. Another time in July with an AS BP at about 8am, the sign was displayed. To claim the AS lounge is available is just smoke and mirrors to sell memberships.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:26 pm

Not sure if there's something similar in TBIT, but when arriving int'l via T4, there's a side pathway pass customs for connecting fights allowing for entry back into the terminal. This will save a considerable amount of time, and will allow you to try the KE lounge or PF Chang's (not sure if they still participate), if you're so inclined. The KE lounge will generally have some chicken wings, pizza, some sandwiches and Remy Martin XO at around 5 pm. I generally stop by there for a quick shower before leaving or a connecting flight and for the XO afterwards.

If you chose this path, there's a shuttle that will take you to T1, but I've found it easier just to walk. Doesn't take long. Rock's will likely not too much of an issue during lunch, but just remember to place your name in the queue and do the PP thing for the print out receipt, which will save you some time when you close your tab. They have a pretty cool Bloody Mary with the strip of bacon, which is what I'll usually order.

The AS Lounge, while underwhelming as observed above, often has the sign out, but they're actually accepting guests. On a few occasions, I've seen the sign only to enter and see there's hardly anyone there, and the attendant seemed puzzled about the sign.

PS - in my experience, just say you're using the lounge and you can access any part of LAX with whatever BP you have.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Does Terminal 2 Virgin VS lounge kick out PP at 10:30am or is that just the cutoff for admission. We have a DL flight that arrives just before the cutoff so it will be tight. Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Does Terminal 2 Virgin VS lounge kick out PP at 10:30am or is that just the cutoff for admission. We have a DL flight that arrives just before the cutoff so it will be tight. Thanks
Yes. Last time I flew DTW/LAX in the morning I went in to check the club out and was told I only had a half hour. I think they close to get the club ready for their flights. I love the Clubhouse at LHR and was very disappointed in their offerings (I can't remember if they even had alcohol, if they did it was only beer) but was told they have different offering out in the morning for PP swipes and the offerings are a lot better later in the day for their flights. Fortunately I have Skyclub access, the Skyclub is a lot better. Barney's used to give a dining credit in T2 and wish they still participated. If you can't get into the VS lounge you aren't missing out on anything.
Boraxo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.