Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrivals Longe in LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Arrivals Longe in LHR

I will flying into LHR on BA from Texas and arriving in Terminal 3. I know that there's an AA arrivals lounge in T3 and. BA arrivals lounge in T5. I will be flying business class and am also a AA/Platinum. I would like to use the lounge till afternoon since my hotel check in is at 3pm.
​​​​​​A few questions to fellow travelers:

1. Is the BA lounge better to get some rest and relax?

2. Can I access the T5 lounge after I exit customs and baggage in T3?

3. .Is he AA lounge in T3 good enough that I should not bother going to T5?

Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
You will need an ongoing boarding pass to enter the secure airside area which the BA lounges are.
Go to the AA Arrivals lounge, refresh with a shower & snack and then head to your hotel to drop off your bags. Enjoy exploring London instead of sitting in a lounge.
GadgetFreak likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jchan9423
I will flying into LHR on BA from Texas and arriving in Terminal 3. I know that there's an AA arrivals lounge in T3 and. BA arrivals lounge in T5. I will be flying business class and am also a AA/Platinum. I would like to use the lounge till afternoon since my hotel check in is at 3pm.
​​​​​​A few questions to fellow travelers:

1. Is the BA lounge better to get some rest and relax?

2. Can I access the T5 lounge after I exit customs and baggage in T3?

3. .Is he AA lounge in T3 good enough that I should not bother going to T5?

Thanks!
Could I check what route you are on? I don't think there are any BA flights from Texas which go in to T3?

1. be aware the BA lounge closes at 2pm so perhaps not the best option for you. The BA lounge is also only for those on BA operated flights (hence the above question).

2. yes, the BA arrivals lounge is landside so once you clear immigration at T3 get the Heathrow Express or tube to T5. The arrivals lounge is on floor 1 and just above where international arrivals comes out.

3. I think so, I would just stick with the AA lounge tbh.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by KARFA
Could I check what route you are on? I don't think there are any BA flights from Texas which go in to T3?
BA’s DFW flights (usually 192) do in fact arrive in T3 arrive in T5. The OP might have a BA codeshare ticket on AA metal. (Sorry for the incorrect info initially. Got to read the details!)

The AA arrivals lounge closes at 3:30pm so you can use it before your 3pm hotel check-in. It’s decent but I wouldn’t want to spend more than an hour there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.