Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Manchester T2 lounge - Escape or Aspire?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:09 am
Original Poster

I'm at T2 for a VS flight to Atlanta on Monday 29th. Flying Economy, but thought I might try one of the lounges before the 10.40am flight. I see both have 'reputations'...!

Is there much difference? Would anyone recommend one ahead of the other?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:27 am

You won’t get in either with a card at that time. Neither are worth paying for imo
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:44 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by jameseyre
I'm at T2 for a VS flight to Atlanta on Monday 29th. Flying Economy, but thought I might try one of the lounges before the 10.40am flight. I see both have 'reputations'...!

Is there much difference? Would anyone recommend one ahead of the other?
Both are fine, and a bit better than their T1 & T3 counterparts. It really depends what time you get there, and how many people are with you. I've never been refused access to the Escape lounge - I just ignore the sign and ask politely, and they've always let me in (I'm generally on my own travelling for work).
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
We were on the same flight, due to a cancellation/reroute in our case. Did you get in? We went to the regular Aspire as we were there at stupid o’clock due to our flight change (DL C+ to VS PE. Winning!!) and I believe I heard the nice young man say to his colleague that we were the last people in. It was not worth paying for but was OK as a free lounge.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:16 pm

MAN T2 Escape Lounge turned away PP cardholders today, just as it has every time.

I surrendered my card in exasperation. "Just keep it....I'm now 0/7 with partner lounges and the card is useless."

The Escape staff notified VS and had me paged at the gate to come back and pick it up. Which I ignored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.