Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Can I change terminals at ORD for Priority Pass Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

I am flying on AA BUF to ORD with 3 hour layover before boarding our flight to Vancouver. The flight from Buf arrives at Terminal 3 and our flight to Vancouver departs from the same terminal. The Priority Lounges are in Terminal 5. Can we go to Terminal 5 to use the Priority Lounge?
Old May 1, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
I don’t think they will let you into T5 without a boarding pass for a flight that departs out of T5.
Old May 1, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
I don’t think they will let you into T5 without a boarding pass for a flight that departs out of T5.
I think you mean T3 for the departing flight, yes?
Old May 1, 2019, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
And even if they did let you take the bus to T5 without a T5 boarding pass, the PP lounges stink and are hardly worth the effort. Last time I used the AF/KLM lounge in the afternoon before the QR flight it was absolutely mobbed, I can't imagine them letting in PP customers.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
the PP lounges stink and are hardly worth the effort. Last time I used the AF/KLM lounge in the afternoon before the QR flight it was absolutely mobbed
It's a busy lounge and the food and beverage are not great either. Think sandwiches wrapped in cellophane, bags of chips, Evan Williams bourbon. Definitely do not waste your time changing terminals to visit this lounge.

If you're flying out of T5 anyway, sure stop by and grab a drink if it suits you. Nice views of a limited area of the tarmac. You can watch the cargo get loaded on flights to asia and europe.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by arkangel
I think you mean T3 for the departing flight, yes?
MSP_Monopoly said "without"; perhaps you read "with".
Old May 2, 2019, 1:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As this thread appears to be more about Priority Pass lounges and access at Chicago ORD than about flying a particular airline, we have moved this thread to a more appropriate forum.

Old May 2, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
I would not do this if I were you. First, the lounges are extremely uninspiring. They are usually crowded and have limited options relative to other lounges that are used for int'l business class passengers. Second, the tram between T1,T2,T3 and T5 is not running due to construction. So you would basically have to leave T3, board a bus, go thru the TSA in T5 which usually takes me ~20 minutes. On the return you have to wait for the bus and then re-clear TSA in T3.

I know free is always a good thing. But I wouldn't attempt this for some picked over processed finger sandwiches and free drinks.

I'd either burn 300 Business Extraa points for a AC day pass or head to the Rick Bayless place. It's really good and worth the money.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
ORD PP lounges suck and are at T5, which you probably can't enter without a T5 boarding pass.

Logistics to get there and back stink as you can use the security side bus due to no T5 boarding pass so you have to use the busses outside the terminal (Train is down for maintenance)

There are several good areas to eat in T3 that I would go to instead of going to T5
Old May 2, 2019, 4:40 pm

Yes you can, at least I did it a few months ago. I arrived and departed ORD at Terminal 1, but I had a very long layover. I went to Terminal 5 to visit the Priority Pass lounges. At security, the agent pointed out that I was at the wrong terminal when I showed him the boarding pass for my departing flight. I mentioned that I was visiting the lounges, and he said "Oh OK" and let me proceed. I think he was just trying to be helpful. I have heard that TSA cannot restrict you from other terminals as long as you have a departing flight from the airport that day.

Now, the question is, was it worth it? I had lots of time to kill, so I think it was for me. But if I would have had less time, or would be someone impatient with long lines at shuttle buses and security, I would say no it wasn't worth it. The PP lounges in T5 at O'Hare are meh at best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.