Search

Iceland Air at REK, American at ORD, United at EWR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k
Iceland Air at REK, American at ORD, United at EWR

I recently stopped in at these lounges:

SAGA lounge in Reykjavik: Outstanding. Wide open, reclined lounge chairs, excellent food, self-service bar, cool decor, fireplace. Highly recommended.

Flagship Lounge at O'Hare: Maybe the nicest lounge I've ever been in. Super modern, ultra clean, great food (sushi!!), self-service bar with top shelf liquor, quiet area with lounge chairs, individual bathroom stalls and nice front desk agents. Best in class.

United lounge at Newark: Well, Newark is Newark. I was in Terminal C and the first floor lounge near gate 120 is closed for renovation and a "pop up" lounge has been created. It is hot, crowded and lacks basic services. Avoid this and go to the second floor lounge at gate 174. It is still subpar, but it's larger and has a bar and food. The food is cheese and crackers and the drinks are poured by grouchy bartenders in tiny glasses. They don't even have self-service soft drinks.

Priority Pass at Manchester, UK: Horrible. The front desk would't let me in because their card reader wasn't working (my card clearly showed an expiration date in Oct. 2018), so I had to pay the 30 pound guest fee because the waiting areas in the airport were jammed and I had to kill 3 hours. It was crowded, had awful food (chips, salsa, and cold pasta) and a smattering of bottled beer. FYI: the MAN airport is nowhere you want to spend time...

Last edited by CMH1k; Apr 14, 2018 at 11:11 am
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CMH1k
Priority Pass at Manchester, UK: .......
There are five lounges at MAN which accept Priority Pass. Which one did you visit? Aspire or Escape? Terminal 1, 2 or 3?

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...9-db52614f412b
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Just to clarify, when you say REK you mean KEF?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Sorry, Escape Lounge.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Yes, sorry KEF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.