Airspace Lounge @ San Diego

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Information:
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/lounges/usa/san-diego-ca-intl/san10-airspace-lounge
Open 5:30am - 1pm

Means of admission:
  • AMEX Plat with two guests. PLAT holder and each guest is given a $10 credit (via airspace debit card that expires at midnight) to use for food or top-shelf drinks.
  • AA Admirals Club
  • Priority Pass
  • Cash

Once in the door, the AMEX PLAT check-in is third line, AA/others check-in at first two lines. Public welcome for $25

Menu as of April 2018: http://imgur.com/a/iYlXfw4
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
Was at the lounge a couple weeks ago. They've raised the credit, it was $16.50 (I think) per person, rather than $10 per person, entering with Amex Platinum. Website still says $10.
I'm here 3-4 times a month ...

At check-in, they grab an airspace debit card off their pile, and for AMEX Plat holders, they load $10 in credit onto the airspace card

What's interesting is the airspace debit cards aren't zeroed out -- if the previous users of that particular card didn't spend all the credit, the new $10 credit is added in addition

I've recently been given cards that still had $2 on them, and the check-in desk let me know that this is the case, and the total value is $12
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
I'd love to get an answer to the question in post #45, What do BA club passengers get? I'll be there in about 3 weeks and want to be prepared whether or not I should eat first or not
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by doug091363
I'd love to get an answer to the question in post #45, What do BA club passengers get? I'll be there in about 3 weeks and want to be prepared whether or not I should eat first or not
Try calling to ask them. They picked up when i called a few weeks ago.

(619) 686-8581
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:29 pm

They have a special menu for BA passengers. You can order as many items as you want. IIRC things like cheese plate, salami plate, macaroons, some other type of antipasto plate. The menu also includes different wines and beer that you can order. Nothing substantial like a cheeseburger, but decent.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by sdfamily
They have a special menu for BA passengers. You can order as many items as you want. IIRC things like cheese plate, salami plate, macaroons, some other type of antipasto plate. The menu also includes different wines and beer that you can order. Nothing substantial like a cheeseburger, but decent.
At SAN and JFK, I've been able to order cheese plates, charcuterie, antipasto plate and the like, wines and beers as a non BA passenger. I think there's only one menu.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
thanks very much. I appreciate the help
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Flew VX this evening out of their "new" gates in the eastern part of T2 and stumbled onto this place. Great welcome from the check-in agent, and nice tarmac views, but lounge was otherwise disappointing. Chairs showing wear and dirt. Buffet super weak. Didn't stick around to see a menu - bailed and headed to the UC.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
It had an extensive overhaul 3 years ago, the only thing that has been updated since is the menu prices
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
I'm flying with Alaska with two children (5 and 3) later this summer, which I believe is in Terminal 1 - any feedback on whether the lounge is worth going to in Terminal 2, then going back to Terminal 1 (hesitation is that I need to go thru Security twice, although we do have TSA Pre-Check)
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by theranj
I'm flying with Alaska with two children (5 and 3) later this summer, which I believe is in Terminal 1 - any feedback on whether the lounge is worth going to in Terminal 2, then going back to Terminal 1 (hesitation is that I need to go thru Security twice, although we do have TSA Pre-Check)
Sitting on the sidewalk outside is preferable to SAN T1, which is certainly among the worst terminals at any major US airport.

That said, I would not clear security twice for this lounge. The UC might be worth it. Be aware they close Pre down at random times in T2.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Kacee
The UC might be worth it. Be aware they close Pre down at random times in T2.
Some of the friendliest lounge agents populate the SAN UC.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Buffet super weak.
There's a buffet? Unless something's been added recently, I'm not aware of any buffet. There's a self-serve bar with cookies and crudités, but I never thought of it as a buffet.

I would not clear security twice for this lounge. The UC might be worth it. Be aware they close Pre down at random times in T2.
I wouldn't bother clearing security twice and schlepping between terminals for this lounge either, unless you need something from an AA/BA/JL agent, or just want to say "Hi" to the staff.

Because of the unpredictability of Pre-Check being open at the AA side of T2, I've taken to being dropped off for AA flights at the United end, as that side almost always has Pre-Check open, and often has dogs sniffing around, making it Pre-Check for everyone.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
There's a buffet? Unless something's been added recently, I'm not aware of any buffet. There's a self-serve bar with cookies and crudités, but I never thought of it as a buffet.
They had food out for self-service. I didn't look closely to see what it was. There were too many people crowded into too small a space.

Originally Posted by anabolism
Because of the unpredictability of Pre-Check being open at the AA side of T2, I've taken to being dropped off for AA flights at the United end, as that side almost always has Pre-Check open
They will close that one too. Randomly, especially late afternoon.

They inevitably reopen it just after I've cleared the scanner.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:24 pm

They had food out for self-service. I didn't look closely to see what it was. There were too many people crowded into too small a space.
From memory, during breakfast hours they have miniature muffins and bagels and fruit. I think maybe a dry cereal dispenser as well. Mid morning they take the muffins and bagels away and put out small cookies. There’s also coffee, tea, and a bar-style hand held soda dispenser. More significant food and alcoholic drinks can be ordered at the bar.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:56 pm

I visited the Airspace lounge in San Diego last night (as mentioned above)...

It was the worst lounge I have ever visited...

1. Poor Entry Experience

You open the door to three desk/podiums, one is an American Express sign-in desk. The desk wasn't "manned" and three groups of people piled up while someone was located to help us through the entry process.

Once there, she didn't welcome anyone. She went right to work and to save time, announced "Okay, I am only going to say this once...", and then went through what was free, what wasn't free, that they would be giving us each a $10 credit that could be used at the bar.

2. Lounge was overcrowded

OK... Can't really blame the lounge for being popular I guess. The lounge is supposed to cost $35/person for anyone who cannot enter using any special programs... I think it's free for Amex Platinum cardholders, as well as if you are a member of the admiral's club on a couple of airlines...

But still... The place was PACKED... No open seating at all...

3. Lounge was a Pig Sty with no attempt at tidying things up

I am sure this is related to the fact that the place was over crowded... But there seemed to be no attempt by the lounge staff to keep things tidy... Trail mix and M&Ms were scattered on the floor, dirty dishes and cups where all over the lounge... I wouldn't be so critical if there was staff that was trying to address it, but just couldn't keep up... But there was no attempt at all to keep things clean and orderly.

4. "Complimentary" food and drinks were lacking, lackluster and underwhelming.

They explained that they had some no charge snacks and sodas and pointed us to a very small counter area. They had a coffee machine, a small multi-selection soda spigot, and some mangled cookies behind a plexiglass cabinet. They also had some trail mix dispensers... I am sure at least half went into people's stomachs, and the other half found itself on the carpeting (okay, I am obviously exaggerating!!!).

They gave us each a $10 credit (there were 3 in my party). So we had $30.00 to spend on bar drinks (we don't drink liquor), and I think they had some purchaseable foods as well. Since we couldn't find any seats, and the place was a mess, we didn't bother finding out what foods were purchaseable. We simply left.

Boy, I really wonder how this lounge gets its 4.5 star Yelp rating!!! Maybe I came on a bad day... But I don't think so... I feel sorry for anyone that had to pay to get into this place... I got in "free" with my $550 annual Amex Platinum card, and I still feel like they somehow owe me a refund of some kind just for wasting my time!!!

The 4.5 stars has me scratching my head and wondering if I need to give this place another chance... But it was so underwhelming, I am finding it hard to get up the energy to do a return visit...

Anyway... I just thought I would share that with you all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.