Airspace Lounge @ San Diego

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2018, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Information:
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/lounges/usa/san-diego-ca-intl/san10-airspace-lounge
Open 5:30am - 1pm

Means of admission:
  • AMEX Plat with two guests. PLAT holder and each guest is given a $10 credit (via airspace debit card that expires at midnight) to use for food or top-shelf drinks.
  • AA Admirals Club
  • Priority Pass
  • Cash

Once in the door, the AMEX PLAT check-in is third line, AA/others check-in at first two lines. Public welcome for $25

Menu as of April 2018: http://imgur.com/a/iYlXfw4
Print Wikipost

Airspace Lounge @ San Diego

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 11:38 am
Company Representative, AirSpace Lounges

Originally Posted by mia
Can you confirm that this will be a joint AA/Airspace lounge, and explain if there will be any distinction between customers who enter with AA credentials versus American Express (in terms of food, drink, WiFi, etc). Do you anticipate joint facilities with any airline at other airports. I do understand if you would not be able to comment on specifics, just curious if it's a prototype of a new business model.
Hi Mia,

Customers welcomed at this lounge include those specified by AA, including certain customers of JL and BA. Of course Airspace customers are welcome per our usual entry methods (see airspacelounge.com for Airspace entry details).

Once the food and beverage is fully on the new side of the lounge, product inclusions for Airspace SAN guests will include unlimited house alcohol plus a $10 credit for food & premium beverage. Until then, its unlimited house alcohol, unlimited premium food during the JL and BA services, plus one premium alcoholic beverage.

This is the first Airspace Lounge with an unlimited alcohol inclusion. Product specifications for non-Airspace guests are defined by our partners.
Old May 7, 2014, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by mia
Do you anticipate joint facilities with any airline at other airports. I do understand if you would not be able to comment on specifics, just curious if it's a prototype of a new business model.
The launch of this business model for this lounge was the fulfillment of a long-held vision by Airspace management and, to answer your question as best we can, we do anticipate more in the future; but there are no immediate plans to share at this time.
Old May 8, 2014, 3:04 pm
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
I am VERY excited about this lounge! American Express Platinum & Centurion card holders who enter this lounge this way actually get a better benefit then AA/US Club members as the AA/US Club members do not get the $10 credit or for now the premium drink offering! I reviewed this club a few days ago, took lots of pictures of the new space and more. I must say this is a HUGE plus for SAN and I am very happy to see this partnership. Now if only there were a way for peopl flying Alaska, Frontier, and SWA from t1 to use this club!

Club review and pictures
Old May 8, 2014, 7:41 pm

I was there last night.

Neat lounge, very friendly staff, competitive food and drink offerings. I will just visit there whenever I stop by SAN.
Old May 10, 2014, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Went there last night (Friday) at about 10pm. Only 5 guests total in both sides. Definitely will be nice when they finish it. With Amex plat they also give you a card for only one premium beverage. Better than Delta.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:25 pm

I will be traveling with 4 other people. Will I be able to use AA Exec. card in addition to Amex Platinum to invite my guests to the San Diego Airspace Lounge?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by AirspaceOnFT
-A shower is a part of the phase 2 construction.
Hi AirspaceOnFT! I saw this question raised on another thread regarding the SAN club. Did you mean the "a" (as in single) literally, or figuratively? That is, is the plan for one shower (one person at a time) or a shower area with multiple showers?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
Hi AirspaceOnFT! I saw this question raised on another thread regarding the SAN club. Did you mean the "a" (as in single) literally, or figuratively? That is, is the plan for one shower (one person at a time) or a shower area with multiple showers?
Hi anabolism,

We will have one shower suite at Airspace SAN that will have one shower in it. So that's a total of one shower.

Although we are not anticipating around-the-clock demand for our shower in this particular location, we certainly expect it to be used a handful of times a day by our guests.

We're pleased that we'll have the only post-security shower at SAN. And, as always, its use will be complimentary to any user of the lounge.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:42 am

If I'm flying out of Terminal 1 on Southwest, is it still possible to access the Admirals Club in terminal 2 post-security? Or would I need to go to Terminal 2 to start and then go through security again for Southwest?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:10 am

Airspace Lounge San Diego Opened May 2014

They are not connected airside but I had no problem accessing T2 with a Southwest boarding pass. TSA agent asked, I said lounge, she waved me on through.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Can someone clarify if there is still a shower here? Admirals Club locations page says there isn't. Are they wrong, or maybe it is there but not accessible by AC credential?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:11 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
When phase two opens (late 2014):

-A new entryway closer to the bridge between Terminal 2 East and Terminal 2 West

-A shower suite will be added

-More lounge seating designed for getting work done in-lounge
http://www.airspacelounge.com/san/
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by DoubleWidesFly
Now if only there were a way for peopl flying Alaska, Frontier, and SWA from t1 to use this club!

Club review and pictures
Hold on. My son and his new wife are flying SAN-KON for their honeymoon, in AS F. He's an Amex Plat holder. They were planning on visiting the lounge during their layover from DFW. Am I to understand that there's no way they can use this lounge, even though they're flying through SAN in First Class, just b/c they're flying Alaska? Unbelievable!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Hold on. My son and his new wife are flying SAN-KON for their honeymoon, in AS F. He's an Amex Plat holder. They were planning on visiting the lounge during their layover from DFW. Am I to understand that there's no way they can use this lounge, even though they're flying through SAN in First Class, just b/c they're flying Alaska? Unbelievable!
It's not that they are being denied entry...just that the lounge is in a different terminal.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by Preacher7

So they're flying DFW-SAN on AA, correct? If so, they'll have access to the lounge when they land.

Go to the lounge and cross over to T1 whenever they like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.