Wiki Posts
Search

Airspace Lounge @ JFK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Airspace Lounge @ JFK

I have a long Jet Blue layover coming up, so was hoping for tales of recent experiences here.
​​​​​​
Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
It's barely a lounge. Unless you get complimentary access via the Amex Platinum I wouldn't use it. Even then it's not much of an experience.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have a Platinum card. Low expectations for this place, but a seat with coffee/tea/juice and something to eat with my food credit would be much nicer than the concourse ... I hope!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
If the weather is nice don't pass up the outdoor "park". The fresh air, as fresh as it can be at an airport, can be nice between flights.
mia likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind; I have 3 1/2 hours from exiting one flight until boarding time for the next one.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
It's small but you get a $10 credit which is enough to cover a drink at the bar. It's very small and has been rather crowded on the times I've been there. Nothing to get too excited about particularly since T5 has some pretty decent restaurants by airport standards.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'll be there in the morning, coming off Jet Blue mint, so won't be thinking of a drink. The credit would be far more likely applied towards breakfast.
Is there wifi available?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I'll be there in the morning, coming off Jet Blue mint, so won't be thinking of a drink. The credit would be far more likely applied towards breakfast.
Is there wifi available?
Oh, if you're stepping off a red-eye, I'd recommend a shower there. It's a very nice shower room-- better than most.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Is there wifi available?
FAQ | Airspace Lounge

WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?

Besides the ability to wait for your flight in our lounges, you will also be entitled to our:

Food and Beverage Offering:

A complimentary credit thats included with entry sufficient to purchase a meal or alcoholic beverage
Complimentary snacks are offered throughout the day
Complimentary Peets Coffee and Tea
Complimentary Pepsi soft drinks

Technology:

Complimentary wireless internet
Complimentary access to our onsite computers and business technology, including printing and scanning
An electric outlet at every seat, including the bar

Facilities:

In-lounge restrooms in most lounges
Complimentary showers in select markets
Comfortable seating
Full-bar
A business area dedicated to those that need to catch up on work

Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
The toilet has a heated seat... it amuses me. I think it's Japanese style with so many functions.

Otherwise as far as lounges do, low expectations.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:28 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Used it once, mainly for the shower, which was very spacious (after coming off a red-eye, before going into the city for a meeting). They give you a $10 credit upon entry for food/drink, but given the prices it's basically enough for either a breakfast sandwich or a bagel and yogurt (unsure what the later day offerings are). Coffee/tea and some light snacks are complimentary. The space itself is on the smaller side though, and the lack of windows makes it feel smaller.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Stopped there last week, finding it as underwhelming as mentioned. Went through at a relatively busy time, so limited seating, didn't try the shower.
Used the credit for a breakfast sandwich. Staff were nice folks. Noticed most people ordering well over $10 worth of stuff, using the swipe card as a partial offset. Pickled vegetables at 9AM wouldn't be my choice, but hey ...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bumping this thread to announce that this facility will close permanently at the end of August 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.