Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 Priority Pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

JFK T4 Priority Pass

Hi All! It's my first post - Yay!! Quick question: My parents are taking a flight end of the month Delta (operated by Endeavor Air) from Buff to JFK which I believe arrives in T4. They arrive at noon and then have an Aerlingus flight at 5:15 JFK-DUB (T5 I believe?) They have priority pass and I'm trying to figure... would they gather their luggage in T4, take AirTrain to T5, Check into AerLingus, AirTrain back to T4 for Wingtips Lounge, AirTrain back to T5? Would they need to clear security each time they entered the new terminal? Is Wingtips worth the hassle?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Welcome to FT!

None of the terminals at JFK are connected airside (post-security). What I would recommend is when they get off their Delta flight, they can spend ~2 hours either at the Wingtips lounge or the Skyclub (if they have access through Amex Platinum or Delta reserve cards).

Then take the Airtran to T5, make the ~10 minute walk to checkin (unfortunately the T5 airtrain stop is not that close to the check in area). They should go through security at this point. Doubling back to the Delta terminal would kill a lot of time and I wouldn't recommend it.

T5 at JFK is one of the nicest in my opinion, but unfortunately doesn't have any lounges accessible through Priority Pass. There is an Aer Lingus lounge, but it doesn't accept PP. There are a lot of very nice restaurants in T5 and even an outdoor roof deck (inside of security) to get some fresh air before the long flight.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:26 am
Original Poster

This is great advice - thank you! They unfortunately don't have Amex Plat or Delta and I was wondering - would wingtips allow entry since they wouldn't yet have their departure boarding pass?
Thanks again!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by atchie
This is great advice - thank you! They unfortunately don't have Amex Plat or Delta and I was wondering - would wingtips allow entry since they wouldn't yet have their departure boarding pass?
Thanks again!
You should be able to access the wingtips lounge with an arriving boarding pass even if they where ending their trip at JFK. You can also try checking in online to Aer Lingus, not sure if they have a way of doing it.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:30 pm

By your description, it sounds like your parents will have checked luggage. Is that correct?

Even if they do, they could probably just go to the Wingtips lounge in Terminal 4 upon arrival, and collect their luggage later. I'm just not sure how long it would be OK to leave the luggage at luggage claim.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

They are debating checking bags or just doing carryon. I think I'll tell them to carry on if they can and follow the advice of hi55us and g289t ... thanks you guys!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by g289t
By your description, it sounds like your parents will have checked luggage. Is that correct?

Even if they do, they could probably just go to the Wingtips lounge in Terminal 4 upon arrival, and collect their luggage later. I'm just not sure how long it would be OK to leave the luggage at luggage claim.
It's "probably" fine to leave the luggage upon landing. But OP's parents will have to wait in line at the luggage counter to retrieve it, and that could be a lengthy wait. Imagine three customers ahead of you that are each reporting lost or damaged luggage. I've had to do that and it's between 5-10 minutes to fill one of those reports out, now times multiple customers.

If carrying-on, I'm in agreement about just heading to Wingtips after getting off the Delta flight, leaving time to make it to T5 and re-clear security.
g289t and atchie like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by atchie
They are debating checking bags or just doing carryon. I think I'll tell them to carry on if they can and follow the advice of hi55us and g289t ... thanks you guys!
If going with only carryon is an option, that is definitely the thing to do. Then they can just go to Wingtips upon arrival at JFK, and go to T5 and check in with Aer Lingus when it's time.
atchie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.