Wiki Posts
Search

Review of Dan Lounge at TLV

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
Review of Dan Lounge at TLV

Recently I visited the Dan Lounge at Concourse B in Terminal 3 at TLV. I arrived shortly after 10 PM for a flight leaving just before Midnight. I forgot to take a photo of the outside of the lounge, but it is well marked and easy to spot. Lounge staff was professional, and I was quickly admitted after showing my (physical) PP card and boarding pass. I didn’t bother trying the pass in the PP app, but it should have worked as well. The lounge was conveniently close to the gate for my Delta flight.

It was late, but there are several redeye flights leaving about Midnight, so I thought it might be crowded. As you can see, there was plenty of seating.

It was near the end of the day, and most flights leaving at this time will have a meal service before turning out the lights, so I can understand why the lounge wasn’t stocked up with food:

I’m not sure if this would’ve improved if I’d visited earlier in the day, when I’d have found this food selection a disappointment. There were tables available to eat. They had an excellent selection of bottled non-alcoholic drinks available. Alcohol wasn’t on my mind, but I believe they had beer and wine available. I’ll add a bit about security later, but at least for my flight, if you’d taken a bottled drink from the lounge, it would have been confiscated before boarding. I was using network for internet access, so can’t speak to any Wifi, I didn’t even check if it was available.

Overall, I found it adequate for what I needed, but this was not the Centurion Lounge! But far better than sitting at the gate. This was the lounge in concourse B. There is another lounge in concourse C that is probably similar, but I didn’t visit that one. I left the lounge earlier than the announced boarding time would have required, and it was a good move. They had security measures before boarding, and started boarding early to accommodate them (same thing had happened on my Delta flight from US to Israel). If you want to ensure a spot for your carry on, I’d leave the lounge earlier than the published boarding time requires.

I was concerned that TLV security would be obnoxious, but my experience was very mild. I was asked a couple of rudimentary questions at check in. They used metal detectors rather than body scanners at security. We didn’t have to remove shoes or belts, but they did ask about liquids. At the gate before boarding the plane a staff member did actually open and take a quick look inside my carry on. They asked about liquids again, but I didn’t bring any.

I’ve spent about half an hour doing battle with the photo uploader, and it has repeatedly foiled my best efforts to insert my photos at a logical place in this narrative, so I’m going to admit it is smarter than I am and just try to upload the photos in a reply and hope for the best!

Last edited by Mike B; Mar 31, 2018 at 10:48 am
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:47 am
Original Poster

And after all that, I’m too new to post pictures. Argh!
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Ironically, the failed upload put me over the top, here are the photos!

Enjoy!

It’s like a meal, only skimpier!

Please seat yourself...

Bottled drink selection to the left

Last edited by Mike B; Mar 31, 2018 at 7:37 pm Reason: Add comment
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
It was awful when I visited a year ago. Packed to the gills, horrible food, nothing at all redeeming except for free soft drinks. Furniture is not comfortable. Maybe a cut above some of the horrible lounges in Africa, but not by much and even below the very low standards we have for DL, AA and UA. Pretty sad when Ethiopian (Addis) has a better lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.