Wiki Posts
Search

New to Priority Pass Select

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Thumbs up New to Priority Pass Select

So I received a PP Select card in the mail about a year ago. I put it in my checkbook along with all other membership cards. I thought this was one of those cases where they send you a card, but it's not real until you apply for it. I forgot about this card until yesterday when I took it out and saw the exp date 4/19. I decided to call PP and see if this was real. To my surprise, this card has been valid for the past year and I had not idea.

Aparetly I received this "offer" thru my DL Amex card. I'm not sure which one since I have Reserve and Surpass cards. I read where the Platinum card comes with this benefit but I don't have it. I will try to use PP on my next few flights and see how they compare to SC.
A good bonus for this year when there are no SC around.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Be aware that there are different types of Priority Pass Select memberships. Some provide unlimited lounge visits at no extra cost (e.g, American Express Platinum, Citi Prestige, Chase Sapphire Reserve). Others, provide a fixed number of prepaid visits, after which your credit card is charged $27 per visit. Some provide no prepaid visits, and the $27 fee applies from the first use.

The lounge attendant does not know the details of your membership, will not collect any money, and cannot tell you if you will be charged. You need to clarify this with Priority Pass.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Great advice from mia. Be careful.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I did call PP and confirm I'm only allowed 10 visits per year.
lofu888 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:59 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Eddie98
I did call PP and confirm I'm only allowed 10 visits per year.
It's more likely that you received this through American Express Hilton Surpass card, than through a Skymiles credit card.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by mia
The lounge attendant does not know the details of your membership, will not collect any money, and cannot tell you if you will be charged. You need to clarify this with Priority Pass.
Indeed, no one should expect lounge attendants to know any of this. They swipe the PP card, input the number of guests, if any, and that’s it. It’s all on the PP cardholder to know the basic terms of their deal.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I just used my PP Select for the first time. Pretty cool benefit. Free drinks, snacks and quiet in Las Vegas. And I hear this is one of the smaller lounges and not as nice as some. Still, for free and a perk of my Hilton Aspire I'm pretty pleased. I can even bring 2 guests for free. Not bad!
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
There is also the Priority Pass app which shows a digital membership card the lounge agent can scan in the case you don't have the physical card. Not all lounges can do this yet but the list is pretty long now and keeps getting longer.

The 10 complimentary visits membership with the Hilton Ascend Amex is pretty great for my travel habits. I may go over by one or two a year but well worth the annual fee. The Aspire, CSR, Amex Plat and others that offer unlimited use plus two guests is well worth it for more frequent travelers (or at least to terminals where there is a lounge or when access to a proper lounge is offered via my ticket.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: HHonors Gold/AAdvantage /Delta Skymiles
I have the Hilton Ascend Amex, that was originally a Surpass and converted over. I got the Priority Pass card when it was still the Surpass with the info about $27 charge. Since I now have the Ascend does this card get converted to the 10 free passes, or do I have to get a new card and acct number?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:23 am

Don’t expect to use it if you’re ever at MAN terminal 2.
the lounge staff will just laugh when you get the card out.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Lloydcov
Don’t expect to use it if you’re ever at MAN terminal 2.
the lounge staff will just laugh when you get the card out.
I had no idea Alaska Airlines has a club there!
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:08 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Lloydcov
[Don’t expect to use it if you’re ever at MAN terminal 2.....
There are two Priority Pass lounges at MAN Terminal 2. Which one did you try to enter Aspire or Escape?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by gnggng
I have the Hilton Ascend Amex, that was originally a Surpass and converted over. I got the Priority Pass card when it was still the Surpass with the info about $27 charge. Since I now have the Ascend does this card get converted to the 10 free passes, or do I have to get a new card and acct number?
My experience, which is not exactly comparable, was that you have to ask AMEX for a new card which will be an entirely different membership.
I would check your membership on-line at the PP website.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:41 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Any way to check lounge visit history for PP Select holders? Asking for a friend.

TIA,
BmB
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:06 pm
mia

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Any way to check lounge visit history for PP Select holders?....
There is a more specific thread here:

Is there a way to look up lounge visit history via Priority Pass? And other questions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.