Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

The best arrival lounge

The best arrival lounge

Old Jan 16, 18, 7:28 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
CX arrivals lounge at HKG. American T3 arrivals lounge at LHR. Also, at LHR, the T2 PP arrivals lounge (small, but very nice staff).
Old Jan 16, 18, 7:59 am

Programs: UA
Another lounge to add would be the Priority Pass Luxx Lounge in Frankfurt. It is not an arrivals lounge per se but since it is outside security you can use it as one. We used it once while waiting for our train (after arriving). It is a bit on the dark side (no outside windows) and the food options are limited. It does have showers though (did not use them). Was ok for a 2 hour wait to catch up on news and email via free wifi. Food was simpler german breakfast fare (continental breakfast) with warm Wiener sausages.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...RA3-LuxxLounge
Old Jan 16, 18, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, GF Gold, SPG Plat, LCAH Plat
The LHR T5 Sofitel lounge (and, when they let you use it, gym) was wonderful while it lasted. Sadly no more.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Jan 17, 18, 12:30 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
My favourite is the LH FCT. *A Gold will get you nowhere near that (thankfully). No disrespect.
Sorry to nitpick but the FCT is not an arrival lounge. You need a departing BP on LH or LX to access it. The LH FCLs are.
Old Jan 17, 18, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Is it just me or is the QR arrivals lounge completely underwhelming? Am I missing some kind of lounge, or is it the same center as the immigration processing for business/first customers? I guess I was just expecting something a little bigger and better than a room that has snacks that always look old.
Old Jan 18, 18, 12:10 am

Programs: UA
Never went to the QR arrivals lounge, only transiting in Doha. But went to the Ethiad arrivals lounge in Abu Dhabi 3x and it is the same as described above. A larger room with underwhelming food and drink options. There are showers but never used them.
Old Jan 18, 18, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by aaflyer93 View Post
Am I missing some kind of lounge, or is it the same center as the immigration processing for business/first customers? I guess I was just expecting something a little bigger and better than a room that has snacks that always look old.
There's a separate arrivals lounge landside.