FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airport Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges-763/)
-   -   The best arrival lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airport-lounges/1881119-best-arrival-lounge.html)

invisible Dec 5, 2017 11:46 am

The best arrival lounge

If you have (very) positive experience at arrival lounge, would you please share? Also would be useful to know who can get into lounge.

My personal experience is that arrival lounges are quite few comparing those to airside and in general are lower qualify. Also, instead of airline lounges, they are owned/managed by third party providers - Priority Pass, SATS, etc.
Said all above, I think the best experience at arrival lounge I had at ZRH. Also, I think the only place (correct me if I am wrong) where one can get access to the lounge by being Star Alliance Gold, instead of flying on C/F.

CPRich Dec 5, 2017 4:08 pm

I've always enjoyed the Emirates lounges in Dubai.

LondonElite Dec 5, 2017 4:09 pm

My favourite is the LH FCT. *A Gold will get you nowhere near that (thankfully). No disrespect.

tmiw Dec 5, 2017 4:47 pm

I've only been to the one at LHR T2 that's accessible to PP holders and it seemed decent for the little time I spent there (albeit fairly dark inside compared to some of the other T2 lounges). The United one seems to get good reviews too but only some *A carriers have access.

EuropeanPete Dec 7, 2017 12:16 pm

The CX F/ OWE Arrivals lounge in HKG is a nice place to shower and relax before tackling the craziness of Hong Kong.

BuildingMyBento Dec 10, 2017 7:09 am

How is the TK arrivals lounge?

txflyer77 Dec 10, 2017 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete (Post 29146445)
The CX F/ OWE Arrivals lounge in HKG is a nice place to shower and relax before tackling the craziness of Hong Kong.

...when there aren't 15 people in line coming off the redeye TPACs trying to get in.

Artpen100 Dec 11, 2017 8:59 am

For Paris, the CDG AirFrance arrivals lounge is a real advantage to shower before going into the city for a meeting (especially since it is rare to be able to check into a hotel early). No other airline has one there.

matrixwalker2012 Dec 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete (Post 29146445)

that lounge is quite tiny, from what I remember, the size of a living room. Food is nice but arrivals lounges are more of a freshen up and go environment. They should have more showers so we can quickly freshen up and get going.

Duke787 Dec 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Only been to one real one (most of the time I prefer to just get on with my day and get to the hotel to freshen up), the VS Revivals Lounge at LHR. Good breakfast, not overly crowded, nice space to change clothes, and it was perfect since we were hopping on the bus to Cambridge so it was going to be a while before getting to the hotel. Sadly missed out on the CX Arrivals lounge last time I was in HKG.

Most of the time in the US, I just use the standard lounge as my arrivals lounge if I need to shower / freshen up after a redeye (e.g., fly SFO - JFK on DL and then just use T4 DL SkyClub).

gr8pirate Jan 15, 2018 12:57 am

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento (Post 29156122)
How is the TK arrivals lounge?

It’s newer and smaller compared to the main one, with simplified food/beverage offerings and a handful of showers. I think you can get some clothes pressed.
It wasn’t crowded at all during my visits.

German Expat Jan 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 29137475)
If you have (very) positive experience at arrival lounge, would you please share? Also would be useful to know who can get into lounge.

My personal experience is that arrival lounges are quite few comparing those to airside and in general are lower qualify. Also, instead of airline lounges, they are owned/managed by third party providers - Priority Pass, SATS, etc.
Said all above, I think the best experience at arrival lounge I had at ZRH. Also, I think the only place (correct me if I am wrong) where one can get access to the lounge by being Star Alliance Gold, instead of flying on C/F.

I like the ZRH loung as well. It is a great arrivals lounge and even has bedrooms. Unfortunately you are wrong though, there is no access for Star Alliance Gold (only for Miles and More) when flying economy.

PacificSunrise Jan 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012 (Post 29167557)

that lounge is quite tiny, from what I remember, the size of a living room. Food is nice but arrivals lounges are more of a freshen up and go environment. They should have more showers so we can quickly freshen up and get going.

Agree - it can get overcrowded at times. Also correcting poster before the lounge is not F/OWE exclusive.

German Expat Jan 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787 (Post 29179349)
Only been to one real one (most of the time I prefer to just get on with my day and get to the hotel to freshen up), the VS Revivals Lounge at LHR. Good breakfast, not overly crowded, nice space to change clothes, and it was perfect since we were hopping on the bus to Cambridge so it was going to be a while before getting to the hotel. Sadly missed out on the CX Arrivals lounge last time I was in HKG.

Most of the time in the US, I just use the standard lounge as my arrivals lounge if I need to shower / freshen up after a redeye (e.g., fly SFO - JFK on DL and then just use T4 DL SkyClub).

I haven't been to the CX arrivals lounge in HKG for a while but if it was not changed since I was there the last time it is a dark dungeon and a dump. It is ok for a quick shower but this is about it. Used it once and never again (arriving early and heading to a meeting, next time I made sure I could go to the hotel first).

typical Jan 16, 2018 3:50 am

I always find it surprising that, despite just how many showers the LHR T5 arrivals lounge has, one still often has to wait for a shower. Still I'm grateful for it!

The PP arrivals lounge in SIN had pretty good food. Far better than the one at BOM, which is probably the least inspiring arrivals lounge I've been to. Both very strict on timing.

Originally Posted by Artpen100 (Post 29160401)
For Paris, the CDG AirFrance arrivals lounge is a real advantage to shower before going into the city for a meeting (especially since it is rare to be able to check into a hotel early). No other airline has one there.

The Ibis does rooms by the hour and it's not that expensive. Shame there aren't any other arrivals lounges for sure.

Originally Posted by German Expat (Post 29296127)
I haven't been to the CX arrivals lounge in HKG for a while but if it was not changed since I was there the last time it is a dark dungeon and a dump. It is ok for a quick shower but this is about it. Used it once and never again (arriving early and heading to a meeting, next time I made sure I could go to the hotel first).

I thought it was fine for both shower and food, but unlike the CX airside Flounges, it's not one I'd want to spend time at the airport especially for.