Wiki Posts
Search

ORD: Chicago O'Hare Priority Pass lounges and switching terminals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:35 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Originally Posted by eastindywalrus
Are there lockers somewhere at ORD? When I had a 7-hour layover last June, I had to lug my backpack around the city with me as I was under the belief that there was no baggage storage at the airport.
There are not. Years ago I was able to leave my bag at the airport Hilton by tipping the bellman, but I understand that's generally frowned upon so YMMV.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:35 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
AND passport
Despite signs saying to show passport, a passport hasn’t been required when I have gone via the landside train/buses this year and last. The boarding pass for T5 departure and any TSA-accepted ID was fine for adults and no ID required of minors.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
I had the triple play of lounge loser this past weekend. I was flying American (and not an Admiral’s Club member) from OKC through ORD to EWR and returning from EWR through CLT with a very long layover. No PP lounges in ORD as mentioned, and at EWR they actually have a tolerable PP lounge outside security, but I was too much of a nervous Nelly, and went through security first thing and ended up zipping through security to wait in a a terminal with no lounge I could access. In CLT, I had a three hour layover, with no available lounge.

Memorial Day weekend, I’ll be flying Southwest to New Orleans and back via Hobby one way and Love Field the other. Once again, no lounges at Hobby or Love, and none to wait in when I leave New Orleans...Somebody remind me again why I shelled out for a card with PP so I could wait in a nice lounge instead of sitting with the peasants at the gate?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Mike B
Somebody remind me again why I shelled out for a card with PP
Most likely for the insane sign-up bonus.
krazykanuck, jrm68, hi55us and 1 others like this.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
This is not true at all

In the initial first phase for a few months the bus service was only for BA, then it opened for OW last summer. this past fall it was open to ANY passenger departing from T5

Nov 29, I arrived from CHS into T1, I went to the PL and got dinner, then approx 7pm, i walked over to T3 (G20ish iirc) and got on the bus. The bus attendant said she had seen many more Star Alliance people in the past weeks. It was super cool as our EVA HK plane was pulling up to the terminal as we were riding on the bus.

In 2018 the bus service will be expanding to T1
so you’re saying it’s possible to take the bus/train from terminal 3 and back to check out the lounge?
Old May 17, 2018, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mike B
I had the triple play of lounge loser this past weekend. I was flying American (and not an Admiral’s Club member) from OKC through ORD to EWR and returning from EWR through CLT with a very long layover. No PP lounges in ORD as mentioned, and at EWR they actually have a tolerable PP lounge outside security, but I was too much of a nervous Nelly, and went through security first thing and ended up zipping through security to wait in a a terminal with no lounge I could access. In CLT, I had a three hour layover, with no available lounge.
I'm an AC member, but I'd consider giving up access if ORD had a PP lounge. There are times where the ACs are so crowded (esp. during renovations) that I considered asking for at least a partial refund. Nowhere to sit, took forever to get a drink, etc
Old May 17, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 03Prep
I'm an AC member, but I'd consider giving up access if ORD had a PP lounge. There are times where the ACs are so crowded (esp. during renovations) that I considered asking for at least a partial refund. Nowhere to sit, took forever to get a drink, etc
And given the number of potential people that would be eligible to enter a PP lounge, given the countless credit cards now offering this benefit, you really think the experience would be materially better?

Regards
Old May 25, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07

so you’re saying it’s possible to take the bus/train from terminal 3 and back to check out the lounge?
Airside bus from T-3 (check the ord pages in midwest forum, T-1 may have been added), but my understanding is that you’ll need a T-5 bp.

I’ve heard, but not experienced, the statement that a valid (same day)bp will get you thru into any terminal. Let us know if you try. Btw, train is landside

Last edited by Snuggs; May 27, 2018 at 6:59 am
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:22 am

Chicago O Hare - Any access to T5 Priority Pass Lounges from T1?

Hi All,
We have a nearly 6 hour layover here before a flight to Tokyo. There are 2 Priority Pass lounges (Air France and Swissport) in the International Terminal 5. But for some reason our (United) flight departs from Terminal 1 (we arrive there as well)! Is there any way to access these lounges? The PP description says "International flights from T5 only" so maybe we can't access them even if we could get there? I'm guessing this won't work, but thought I'd check with the experts. Thanks,
--Kyle
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Despite the name, this is the most relevant discussion:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airp...e-chicago.html

See also:

ORD lounge question

ORD Priority Pass Lounge - Swissport or KLM?
sobore likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:47 am

Has anyone tried recently to get into a Terminal 5 priority pass lounge with a boarding pass from a different terminal? I have a 6 hour layover in Terminal 1 with United that will be going to Tokyo. I figured it would be the international terminal 5, but not the case unfortunately. Thanks,
--Kyle
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:47 am

I just cancelled my CSR last week but my domestic flight through Chicago in October just got rescheduled and now has a 2+ hour layover so I was thinking of looking for another card to apply for that had PP access. Guess I won't be doing that!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:54 am

Thanks. I read through that, but it doesn't look like there was a clear conclusion on whether or not we could make it to terminal 5 from 1 and get in with a terminal 1 boarding pass. Someone mentioned they had heard it was possible though... Guess we can try it when we get there and see what happens.
--Kyle
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:13 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by kyamnitz
....doesn't look like there was a clear conclusion ....
This often indicates that practice deviates from policy. The policy is that you should have a T5 departure boarding pass to use those lounges. In practice you may be admitted without one, either because attendants don't read carefully or it isn't important. Just be prepared for the possibility that it won't work out.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by kyamnitz
Has anyone tried recently to get into a Terminal 5 priority pass lounge with a boarding pass from a different terminal? I have a 6 hour layover in Terminal 1 with United that will be going to Tokyo. I figured it would be the international terminal 5, but not the case unfortunately. Thanks,
--Kyle
I have a similar situation coming up. I am arriving in ORD on United, and leaving on Lufthansa. LH departs from Terminal 1. I believe all international arrivals (other than those with preclearance) at ORD go to Terminal 5 because that is where immigration and customs are located. But with LH being a United codeshare partner, they leave from Terminal 1. This means that I have no Priority Pass lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.