Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Can I use Priority Pass lounge on arrival at final destination?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GUWonder
Outside the US, flight tickets must be accompanied by a valid boarding pass for a departing flight, i.e. outbound passengers only. Please note some lounges in Europe are located within designated Schengen areas of the airport which means that access is only provided to these lounges if cardholders are traveling between Schengen countries
-- https://www.prioritypass.com/en/conditions-of-use

.... in practice the latter sentence above means this: Please note some lounges in Europe are located within designated Schengen areas of the airport which means that access is only provided to these lounges if cardholders are able to access the Schengen section(s) of the airport.
Print Wikipost

Can I use Priority Pass lounge on arrival at final destination?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by rownada
Can I use Priority Pass Select to access the Plaza Premium Arrival Lounge in T2 (landside) upon arrival at HKG?
Yes!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: DL FO, Hertz #1 Gold
I've been able to get into the lounges in Madrid

I've been able to get into the lounges in Madrid on a Schengen flight (AMS-MAD). One lady at the desk questioned it and I insisted that I've been able to do it before and they let me in - kind of against the PP policy on the website.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
In my experience, lounge agents barely pay attention to my boarding pass. The swipe the PP card. That's how the lounge gets paid. They have a disincentive to deny you entry unless, perhaps, the lounge is getting overcrowded.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dhuey
That's how the lounge gets paid..
True, but with the exception of the handful of lounges operated by Collinson, lounges participate in Priority Pass (and similar networks) to utilize surplus capacity. Priority Pass visitors represent extra revenue, but not their primary income. The rules exist to make it clear that Priority Pass cardholders may be turned away, and Collinson isn't going to do anything about it.

I have added the arrival lounge rule to the Wikipost.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:11 am

Anyone knows whether the Osaka landside KAL lounge allows arrival access? Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
we used the lounge upon our arrival in Rome. She seemed a bit perplexed that we did not have a boarding pass but processed us anyways.

As to taking food and drink out that was asked... most lounges are against taking out food. The level of enforcement will of course vary. Otherwise, people would grab lots of food for the day or friends outside.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Thought I'd add a few recent data points using PP:

- Granted "access" on arrival at SIN at TGM Restaurant
- Denied access on arrival at MIA at Avianca VIP Lounge
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Alaska Lounges allow you to use an inbound boarding pass for access. As long as AS Lounges allow PP access.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've used PP upon arrival, including at some international/foreign airports. In fact, I've never been denied with an arriving boarding pass if the security/immigration setup allowed me to get to the door of the lounge.
Good to know! Thank you.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/10/pri...ge-on-arrival/
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Will be flying from the US to MUC as my final destination. Anyone know if Airport Lounge World allows PP access on arrival?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.