Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

Can I use Priority Pass lounge on arrival at final destination?

Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GUWonder
Outside the US, flight tickets must be accompanied by a valid boarding pass for a departing flight, i.e. outbound passengers only. Please note some lounges in Europe are located within designated Schengen areas of the airport which means that access is only provided to these lounges if cardholders are traveling between Schengen countries
-- https://www.prioritypass.com/en/conditions-of-use

.... in practice the latter sentence above means this: Please note some lounges in Europe are located within designated Schengen areas of the airport which means that access is only provided to these lounges if cardholders are able to access the Schengen section(s) of the airport.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Hi

I am going from YUL to YYZ and in YYz there is a lounge for priority pass in Terminal 1 where I arrive. Can I use the lounge ? I need to wait for my bro that coming in the next 2 hour and I don't have any check baggage.

Thanks !
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:25 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I don't know if the policy is enforced as written in Canada:

12. Admittance to lounges is strictly subject to cardholders and any guests being in possession of a valid flight ticket for the same day of travel. Airline, airport and other travel industry employees traveling on reduced-rate tickets may not be eligible for access. Outside the US, flight tickets must be accompanied by a valid boarding pass for a departing flight, i.e. outbound passengers only. Please note some lounges in Europe are located within designated Schengen areas of the airport which means that access is only provided to these lounges if members are traveling between Schengen countries. (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
http://www.prioritypass.com/Conditions-of-use.cfm
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

I didn't have time to try it and see if it work.

Plane was delay and got to YYZ 2 hour late. Was able to meet with my brother as he arrive same time than me.
When we were about to land the pilot say because of an equipment failure the plane had to circle couple of time and when the plane land, it just stop on the runway and we got tow away.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
This is interesting ...

... but dispiriting. mia, do you know whether that point 12 that you quoted is new? The reason I ask is that it is clear as a bell.

Yet back in June the stuff I was reading about using a Priority Pass (Select) lounge abroad was ambiguous and seemed to suggest that it was permitted. I was (am) interested in CDG. So I wrote to Priority Pass and got an e-mail back that said, yes, I would be eligible to use ICARE lounge at CDG on arrival from US. I was not continuing on.

In the event, I have used it twice on arrival (and have not been billed). Both times the attendants seemed a bit nonplussed that I wanted in but was not continuing on; however, both shrugged and allowed me in (with card swiped) when I said I wanted to do some e-mail and have some coffee before heading into town .... Now it is sounding like I just got lucky; although I do keep a copy of the e-mail from Priority Pass with me just in case.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 12:36 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It's not a new rule, begin reading at post 20 of this thread from 2011:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...traveling.html

...but bear in mind that Priority Pass is a network of independent lounges. Priority Pass's terms tell us that they are not required to accept passengers without an outbound boarding pass, but in practice if the lounge is not near capacity they will earn extra revenue if they make an exception.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
>> .but bear in mind that Priority Pass is a network of independent lounges.

Exactly. Like in SIN, Skyview Lounge requested that I produce a departing boarding pass, Green Market, Rainforest or Ambassador couldn't care less.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Toronto let me in on arrival recently as has Vancouver.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Note that this would be the Domestic lounge since arriving and departing passengers mix in the concourses. However, this would not be possible with the Transborder or International PriorityPrivilege lounges since arriving passengers are channeled directly to Canadian immigration/customs hall (except for US arrivals connecting to international flights, where a cursory immigration check is made but otherwise you are channeled back into the international departures hall and thus able to access the PP lounge).

Similarly at T3, the domestic lounge would be accessible coming off a flight but not the international lounge (they don't let you through into the international departure wing without an international outbound boarding pass). And the Admirals Club which is a Priority Pass lounge as well as AmexPlat (until late March) would not be accessible as it is behind US immigration, as well as arriving passengers are channeled to Canadian immigration/customs so cannot get into the departure area.
Old May 25, 2016, 6:34 am

Anybody with recent experience using priority pass to access lounges after arrival?
Preludium lounge Warsaw and the Tallinn lounge are the lounges I would visit most often, so wondering if I can eat something on arrival, or at least take some snacks and drinks with me from the lounge if its okay.

I'm deciding whether to buy the Standard Plus or Prestige option, and access on arrival is the deciding factor.
Old May 25, 2016, 11:09 pm
Suspended

I've had no trouble using PP lounges on arrival the few times I've wanted to do so (U.S. and Mexico), but taking food and drinks out of airport lounges is generally frowned upon.
Old May 25, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Can I use Priority Pass Select to access the Plaza Premium Arrival Lounge in T2 (landside) upon arrival at HKG?
Old May 26, 2016, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've used PP upon arrival, including at some international/foreign airports. In fact, I've never been denied with an arriving boarding pass if the security/immigration setup allowed me to get to the door of the lounge.
Old May 27, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
There is a landside PP lounge at LHR T2 : no BP required to access.
(I've used it while waiting to meet someone from an arriving flight!)
Old May 27, 2016, 11:19 am

Have used on arrival several times. If there are any questions just say you're waiting for someone else to arrive
Old May 27, 2016, 11:25 am

At the Escape Lounge at MSP, a recent Priority Pass addition, I stopped by when arriving after final flight this week and it was no problem gaining entry. My few other PP experiences have been during layovers but it makes sense that it's a club-specific call.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.