"The Club" new PP lounge at ATL F

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"The Club" new PP lounge at ATL F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Until seeing the most recent posts I thought about going to the Club today, but I'm glad to be in F.

F is great when it is empty, but the Wifi is still very much 20th century slow motion.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I'm in the Club now... First impression is I'll be here instead of the Sky Klub every time I'm in Atlanta.

Wifi blows DL out of the water, 14 megabits down... Last visit to an empty sky club I got about 2% of that.

Food selection also blows DL away. Tomato basil and broccoli cheddar soups, a selection of sandwiches including ham, turkey, chicken salad. There's a small salad bar with a bowl of grocery store-style lettuce mix and a tray of vegetables to add to it - carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes, eggs, etc. They also have rolls, pita slices and hummus, mango peach chutney, a tray of (real) cheese cubes, a bowl of trail mix and one more of pretzels, and a basket of chips - Two kinds of Lays and two kinds of popcorn. All pretty light fare but a refreshing and satisfying change.

Beverage selection...
Spirits: Tanqueray, Beefeater, Smirnoff, Absolut, Bacardi, Jose Cuervo, Jack, Jim Beam, Chivas, JW, Glenlivet, Baileys, Kahlua, two kinds of Cognac I don't remember...
Beer: Sam Adams, Corona, Guinness, Heineken, Bud, Amstel Light, Coors Light, Miller Light, Bud Light, and one other I can't quite make out from my chair.

Decent ambience, plenty of power ports, view is mostly of a parking structure, but also a good view of the Fly Delta Jets sign and a bit further back you can see the field.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
I'm in the Club now... First impression is I'll be here instead of the Sky Klub every time I'm in Atlanta.

Wifi blows DL out of the water, 14 megabits down... Last visit to an empty sky club I got about 2% of that.

Food selection also blows DL away. Tomato basil and broccoli cheddar soups, a selection of sandwiches including ham, turkey, chicken salad. There's a small salad bar with a bowl of grocery store-style lettuce mix and a tray of vegetables to add to it - carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes, eggs, etc. They also have rolls, pita slices and hummus, mango peach chutney, a tray of (real) cheese cubes, a bowl of trail mix and one more of pretzels, and a basket of chips - Two kinds of Lays and two kinds of popcorn. All pretty light fare but a refreshing and satisfying change.

Beverage selection...
Spirits: Tanqueray, Beefeater, Smirnoff, Absolut, Bacardi, Jose Cuervo, Jack, Jim Beam, Chivas, JW, Glenlivet, Baileys, Kahlua, two kinds of Cognac I don't remember...
Beer: Sam Adams, Corona, Guinness, Heineken, Bud, Amstel Light, Coors Light, Miller Light, Bud Light, and one other I can't quite make out from my chair.

Decent ambience, plenty of power ports, view is mostly of a parking structure, but also a good view of the Fly Delta Jets sign and a bit further back you can see the field.
I was there yesterday. Free wine seems to be Sequoia Grove or something; it's surprising it's not a bit better.

There are more substantial food selections for purchase, IIRC large sandwiches and big dinner size salads with meat. Has anyone mentioned real cheese in big cubes, several varieties including cheddar, and wrapped crackers?

Perhaps most impressive was seeing a food service employee prevent a child from touching the sandwiches.

The lounge gave me a bit of an impression that LH is making some of the decisions. One of the dragons seemed to be wearing LH colors and lots of German was being spoken when I was there. The decor reminded me a bit of the old *A IFC lounge at LAX TBIT, but The Club isn't as luxurious and the seating isn't spaced so far apart.

One of the ice machines was still broken.

Has anyone tried the showers?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The lounge gave me a bit of an impression that LH is making some of the decisions.
Yes, that seems to be the case.

I was there in the morning on once occasion and afternoon on another. No alcohol was out whatsoever in the morning; so LH probably does subsidize somehow. I didnt ask, but at the very least they'd have to jump some significant hoops to get you an alcoholic drink in the AM. One point of disagreement for me vs some others is that the food is not up to SC levels in the AM; the danish tasted days old.

Nice enough lounge, nice enough people...it's nice that the option is there.
...but nothing to get excited about. The food for purchase wasnt at all impressive IMHO; far behind Airspace's or American's or DL's JFK T4 program.

Last edited by DrivingRain; Aug 25, 2013 at 6:57 pm
Old Oct 6, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by javabytes
Beverage selection...
Anyone know if they serve Sweetwater? I'm hoping that's the "one more" that javabytes couldn't make out from his chair. The pictures in jmgriffin's link mentioned local beers, so I'm hopeful. I plan to visit on Friday and will report back.

Last edited by mattp1987; Oct 6, 2013 at 12:11 pm Reason: Autocorrect errors typing on phone
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Anyone know if they serve Sweetwater? I'm hoping that's the one over that javabytes couldn't make out from his chair. The pictures in jmgriffin's link mentioned local beers, so I'm hopeful. I plan to visit on Friday and will report back.
Can you please report their current wine selections? Thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Can you please report their current wine selections? Thanks.
I'll try to get pictures or at least a list of both beer and wine. This photo gives great details on the liquors, but the beer and wine descriptions leave a bit to be desired.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:17 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Anyone know if they serve Sweetwater? I'm hoping that's the "one more" that javabytes couldn't make out from his chair. The pictures in jmgriffin's link mentioned local beers, so I'm hopeful. I plan to visit on Friday and will report back.
Had a 420 last weekend and they did not charge me.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Will entry to this lounge still be $27, even for the primary member, using the complimentary PP membership included with the HHonors Surpass AMEX?
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Will entry to this lounge still be $27, even for the primary member, using the complimentary PP membership included with the HHonors Surpass AMEX?
Anyone?
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
I'm not familiar with the HHonors Surpass AMEX but if you have the same PP membership as AMEX Platinum holders (Priority Pass Select) then the primary member should be free and additional members will be $27.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:18 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I'm not familiar with this program but this lounge would have the same costs as any other lounge you would enter using your particular PP card.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:26 am
Original Poster

IIRC the PP through AmEx allows ten free lounge visits per year, then $27 per visit. As stated above, guests should be $27 at all times.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
IIRC the PP through AmEx allows ten free lounge visits per year, then $27 per visit. As stated above, guests should be $27 at all times.
I don't think the PP Select (the membership level included with the Platinum AmEx) has a visit limit for the cardholder. Guests are $27.

There IS a "Standard Plus" membership level available directly through Priority Pass for $249 that allows ten free visits per year, then $27 per visit.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 10:39 am

That is incorrect, the PP through AMEX (Platinum) is unlimited free visits for cardholder, each guest is $27.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.