"The Club" new PP lounge at ATL F

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"The Club" new PP lounge at ATL F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Priority Pass

Yes! The SC needs some competition
The Admirals Club in Concourse T is quite nice if you're traveling on Oneworld.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Finally, the skyclubs are such a disgusting excuse for an airport club I intentionally avoid them and find a quiet gate with a power-port to get work done. This will be a welcome change...until people realize its better than a skydaycarecenter and it too will become overrun.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Can't wait to give it a try next time I have a bit in Atlanta. So long as there are places to sit, decent booze, and maybe even some kind of food, it will be worth the train ride to F to avoid a SC.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Interested to hear about the snack and drink options (self-serve?). It seems like it is a lengthy hike though unless leaving or entering the airport from F.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Originally Posted by dknn
The location in LAS (two locations) in the international terminal had made to order sandwiches (there was a menu to order from). There was also soup. It was a decent spread.

The alcohol was pretty decent too, better than what DL offers now.
Didn't realize there was one in DL's terminal in LAS. Great discovery.

And yes, Priority Pass is a free perk for Amex Plats. The lounge dragons in AMS wouldn't let me and my family in (too many) as STE+ (plenty of room - 1/2 empty) on a recent trip and the PP lounge was a great 2nd choice.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by avflyer
Didn't realize there was one in DL's terminal in LAS. Great discovery.

And yes, Priority Pass is a free perk for Amex Plats. The lounge dragons in AMS wouldn't let me and my family in (too many) as STE+ (plenty of room - 1/2 empty) on a recent trip and the PP lounge was a great 2nd choice.
Remember that AmEx Plat gets PP Select. The primary difference is that UA lounges are not included.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: SQ
This place was pretty average, although it was so quiet. Did a review here club at atl
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:21 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
The PP website does not have the standard "select" disclaimer under the description of this club, so I made the assumption Select could access it. Of course, I realize assumptions are dangerous
AFAIK the only difference between Priority Pass and Priority Pass Select is the exclusion of United Clubs on the Select card ... PP created the "Select" category specifically so Amex could issue PP cards to US-based cardholders.

Also worth pointing out that those hoping to get into this lounge with their Amex-issued PPS card should remember that any guests other than the primary member cost $27 each, and the lounge staff will not know this nor warn you (different PP cards have different per-person charge structures), the charge will just appear on your Amex bill. So if flying Delta the SkyClub is probably still a better option when traveling with more than one person.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
If I'm not mistaken, regular Amex Plat cardholders get PP as part of membership. I'll have to dig out my PP card and give it a shot sometime soon.
Correct -- Non-branded AMEX platinum gets you Priority Pass -Select.- I've used my Select card at the Club at LAS before. Will give it a try at ATL soon and will post to see if I can get in.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I actually have PP Select from an old Ameripass World Elite Master Card (is that right? It's been a couple years but my Priority Pass is good for another year or so) But the main place I would have wanted to use it in the US would be Atlanta and when the Continental club closed a couple years ago, I didn't have a place to use it. Still great for US travel, and now with these independent clubs accepting PP Select, yippee :-) Of course, I'd have to be flying Southwest from my home airport of RDU to be able to use it - Delta's in the wrong terminal ;-)
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I'm in the Club ATL and wow, what a diference. There's a whopping total of 9 people here and the food selection blows the SkyClub away...soups, sandwiches and decent snacks. Three woodfords on my inbound are preventing me from checking out the bar but it looks like a very nice selection.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by colerc
Also worth pointing out that those hoping to get into this lounge with their Amex-issued PPS card should remember that any guests other than the primary member cost $27 each, and the lounge staff will not know this nor warn you (different PP cards have different per-person charge structures), the charge will just appear on your Amex bill. So if flying Delta the SkyClub is probably still a better option when traveling with more than one person.
True but also worth noting is this from the Priority Pass e-news announcement that went out on July 17:

First guest can visit free of charge when accompanied by a cardholder effective 01AUG-30SEP13. T&C's applicable at the Lounge.

Source here.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:55 am
Used to be hamajicky

Sitting in the club at Atl right now. This place blows away the skyclub. Great food selection (chips, sandwiches, crudités, infused waters, etc). Also very nice complimentary liquor selection. Drinking a free Amstel right now. Whoever said this place is not better than a skydump is on crack.

Also, they have real espresso drinks here. Not that rehydrated douwe Egbert stuff that you see in Europe and at disney world.

Last edited by Chalky White; Jul 26, 2013 at 12:01 pm
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by Chalky White
Sitting in the club at Atl right now. This place blows away the skyclub. Great food selection (chips, sandwiches, crudités, infused waters, etc). Also very nice complimentary liquor selection. Drinking a free Amstel right now. Whoever said this place is not better than a skydump is on crack.

Also, they have real espresso drinks here. Not that rehydrated douwe Egbert stuff that you see in Europe and at disney world.
^^^^

And Cava
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by Chalky White

I think I like Skydump better than Skyclubdaycarecenter, though both are accurate. I will enjoy this lounge for a month until everyone from the Skydump figures out what they need to do to access this club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.