Community
Wiki Posts
Search

airberlin merchandise auction

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:32 am
Original Poster

airberlin merchandise auction

"Everything must go: Air Berlin auctions off plane seats, blankets and branded chocolates to raise cash"

https://sg.yahoo.com/style/everythin...150725075.html

And the auction site is here

https://www.dechow.de/auction/index/30851
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
prices are laughable unless i am not interpreting them correctly. 6000euro for a model airplane? 50-80 euro for an amenity kit?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
prices are laughable unless i am not interpreting them correctly. 6000euro for a model airplane? 50-80 euro for an amenity kit?
That's a 5 meter long model. I've no idea what a private buyer might do with it, but it's one of the few things I understand the bidding of.

For the amenity kits, I think there are packs of 10 per auction item, which sort of makes sense if someone thinks they'll be able to offload them later on Ebay for ~10 per piece.

I'm more surprised personally by the price the trolleys are getting. Pushing 2000 EUR even... I'd thought I'd might just get one as a stylish bar instead of some IKEA crap, but it looks like even the empty ones won't go for less than 500 EUR, let alone those that actually contain something useful, like glasses.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Haha, this made me laugh!
Old Feb 3, 2018, 6:59 am

The big 737 airplane modell that was sold at the auction for 7.800 Euro was quite a steal - airberlin has paid 55.000 Euro for it. Only problem: you need quite some space to display it......
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:23 pm

I find it amazing that people are willing to pay 300 EUR for two plane blankets... However I would have loved to learn of this opportunity sooner to get a giant poster for my hugh empty walls! Do you guy know if that was all or can we expect a second round of items?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.