Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight in September

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:02 pm

There is no immediate effect. I would not expect anything before Sep. 25.
There are only a handful of longhaul AB routes left (i.e. with no announced termination date yet), and what will happen to them (and when) as well as to the shorthaul connections after Sep. 25 is pure speculation at this point (though I would love to hear from anyone with more substantial information).
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Flying Wednesday to Berlin On the SFO-TXL segment to Munich for Oktoberfest. Then going back through DUS on the 25. Things are going as planned yes?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Flying Wednesday to Berlin On the SFO-TXL segment to Munich for Oktoberfest. Then going back through DUS on the 25. Things are going as planned yes?
...so far. You are not booked on any officially cancelled longhaul destinations. Also, given that the creditor's committee will meet on the 25th to preliminary decide on AB's future, I would not expect any labor action to start on the 25th before your SFO-bound flight departs DUS. Have fun and enjoy the Oktoberfest (oh, and as backup, keep an eye on alternatives - Turkish and TAP currently seem to work best to the US to the rather decent one-way fares).
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Thankfully everything went off without a hitch. It’s too bad AB is going out of business. We had a good flight, and the service was very friendly. I was surprised given that a lot of the employees won’t have jobs in a few weeks.

How long do AA miles typically take to credit from AB? I want them to credit before AB goes tits up so I have a resource to verify my itinerary if AA doesn’t end up crediting them.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:22 am

I don't know what's usual: with AA miles not showing for our AB trip Sept. 4-24, I did the missing miles form on the AA site and got an email including this:

You recently requested AAdvantage mileage credit for your airberlin/NIKI
flight(s) on aa.com. In order to proceed, we must validate that your
travel is eligible to earn AAdvantage miles. Please send us:

* Copy of your ticket receipt(s)
* Copy of the boarding pass for each flight
* Your AAdvantage number
* Your phone number

Simply reply to this message and attach a copy of your documentation.
For prompt service, please do not change the subject line.

Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by rove312
I don't know what's usual: with AA miles not showing for our AB trip Sept. 4-24, I did the missing miles form on the AA site and got an email including this:

You recently requested AAdvantage mileage credit for your airberlin/NIKI
flight(s) on aa.com. In order to proceed, we must validate that your
travel is eligible to earn AAdvantage miles. Please send us:

* Copy of your ticket receipt(s)
* Copy of the boarding pass for each flight
* Your AAdvantage number
* Your phone number

Simply reply to this message and attach a copy of your documentation.
For prompt service, please do not change the subject line.

We had a Ord to txl to vie Aug 23 and then return Sept 8. The mileage posted on AA from the Aug 22 flights on Sept 12. I also filled out a missing request on AA..probably about Sept 13..and the Sept 8 has not posted as of today.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Thankfully everything went off without a hitch. It’s too bad AB is going out of business. We had a good flight, and the service was very friendly. I was surprised given that a lot of the employees won’t have jobs in a few weeks.

How long do AA miles typically take to credit from AB? I want them to credit before AB goes tits up so I have a resource to verify my itinerary if AA doesn’t end up crediting them.
Glad to hear the flights went ok for you.

Regarding the miles credit, have a look at this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airbe...-miles-aa.html

especially post 12...

Hope you end up getting something, but I wouldn't be over-confident.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.