Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not able to contact Air Berlin

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Not able to contact Air Berlin

Hello,

I booked a economic flex ticket online at airberlin website from Salzburg to Dusseldorf on a business trip for 14 June. However, the trip has to be cancelled as my business partner has overlooked 15 June is a holiday in Germany.

So I follow the instructions on airberlin website and emailed the airline to request for cancellation and refund and got this automated reply :

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Due to an increased workload, delays in the response to e-mail requests may occur.
You will receive your answer as soon as possible.

Please refrain from asking for an update on the status of your request.

Thank you for your patience.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Service Team airberlin group

That was more than 2 weeks ago. Have tried to call their 24hrs number but can either never get thru or the usual answering machine, despite trying multiple times a day. It seems there is no human running the airline?

Any suggestions how to get hold of this airline or I should just forfeit the air ticket cost? Any advice appreciated.

Made the mistake of booking this airline before checking the reviews. Good lesson for future.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:38 am

Maybe the ticket counter at the airport can help.

My advice for the future: Never book through their website but use a reputable travel agent. They have the same rates for AB and they would handle all changes/refunds swiftly. We individuals are simply lost with this airline and the lack of service.
Old May 4, 2017, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by Donegal
Maybe the ticket counter at the airport can help.

My advice for the future: Never book through their website but use a reputable travel agent. They have the same rates for AB and they would handle all changes/refunds swiftly. We individuals are simply lost with this airline and the lack of service.
That's not possible because I do not live in Germany. Anyway, am asking my travel agent to help. Terrible airline.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
Try calling them late in the night or early in the morning. I have never waited for more than 10 minutes in the normal call center (and I rarely have to wait when I call the platinum hotline, which means that they actually can provide real service if they wish...)
Old May 4, 2017, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Depending on where your credit card is issued, this may be a very easy chargeback situation. You have cancelled your ticket and waited a reasonable period for a refund and none has been posted to your account.

Presuming that your account permits a chargeback, initiate one through your issuing bank, noting the full ticket number, the date you cancelled and the fact that XX days have passed and you have not had any contact.

That has the effect of putting the shoe on AB's foot and having AB justify why the credit should not be issued. As the credit ought to be issued, AB presumably will not fight about this and the credit will go through.

Let us know how this works with your credit card issuer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.